Second 'other info' box in v10?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Second 'other info' box in v10?

Is it possible to split the 'other info' box into two in v10? The instructions are in the Advanced User Guide and I'm fairly sure I have implemented this in previous versions, but in v10 nothing happens.
    Has anyone else had this problem?

Norman at drillpine.biz has an addon for multiple prompts, you could use that.

Comment

Thanks, yes, have seen that, but as I only need one other box I naturally went to the usual free solution first. Can you confirm it doesn't work for v10?

Comment

I can't confirm sorry, never used it myself.

Comment

I can't see why this shouldn't work for v10.

Are you sure you've removed the hashes and coded the Product Reference correctly in the relevant places in ActinicOrder.pm?

I would suggest you carefully check your changes against your needs and the AUG info.

Note that you will only see the changes online, not in preview, as the change is driven by the online script.

Comment

Thanks. I have just carefully re-done it, refreshed the site and still no change. May I attach the ActinOrder.pm file for you to check in case I have missed something? The live page/product that needs two boxes is at http://www.pure-me.co.uk/acatalog/Gift_Wrapping.html and the product ref is GW

Comment

Copy lines 10381 through to 10523 to a text file and attached the file to your post.
              Also tell us your Product Reference for the gift wrap product.

Comment

Thank you very much. Text file attached. The product reference is GW.

I have left the validation untouched, tho' I did also try uncommenting it earlier to see if it made any difference.
                Attached Files

Comment

I don't think that's not all of the parts required - you may have some other mods in ActinicOrder.pm

Zip up the whole file and post it here as a zip.

Comment

Attached as a zip. Thanks again

File attachment removed - Moderator.

Comment

It looks like you may have forgotten to customise the last portion of the modification. ie the part below:

Remove the hashes and change the length as required and give that a try.

Code:
                      #############################################################
                      	#
                      	# CUSTOMISATION BEGIN
                      	#
                      	# Alternate processing:
                      	# If you have two info prompt fields and both of them should
                      	# be at least 5 chars long then your custom code should look
                      	# like:
                      	#
                      	#	my @aValues = split /\|\|\|/, $sInfo;
                      	#	if (length $aValues[0] < 5 ||
                      	#		 length $aValues[1] < 5)
                      	#		{
                      	#		$sMessage = "The prompt should be at least 5 charaters long";
                      	#		}
                      	#
                      	# CUSTOMISATION END
                      	#
                      Note I have removed the ActinicOrder.pm file you uploaded.

Comment

I tried uncommenting the validation bit as well, as you suggested. I still got only one box, but when I added a test comment, it was rejected for not being long enough (ie as per the bit of validation code) Have now commented it out again and will probably give up unless anyone else has any thoughts?

Thanks anyway!

Comment

Go for the fully supported and updated version from Norman, surely your time becomes more valuable at some stage than trying to use a free unsupported and unconfirmed hack. You're into the realms of messing with things you know little about, leave that to a professional and get on with what you do know well IMO.

Comment

I agree with Lee, I think very few people have implemented this. Give a couple of pounds to Norman and rest easy.

Comment

Working...
                            X