Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock Control

Regarding V10

With stock control am I right in assuming that if you use components etc like I do for say Polo Shirts, Red, Small, than you can only measure stock as the total Polo's in stock and not the breakdown of individual size and colour
    Chris Ashdown

You can have full control down to the individual colours and sizes. You create hidden products for each Permutation and select the appropriate one as the Associated Product for each combination within the Permutations tab.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks Norman

Thats a very messy method for clothing companies, that cannot be practical to impliment

Norman, Do you have anything to ease the burden in your site of super addon's
      Chris Ashdown

Comment

Each option has to be setup as a product, otherwise there is no way to monitor the stock, imagine you had a product duplicated into a number of sections, how could you get the stock across the number of choices to tally. Understand your frustrations Chris, but there are no workarounds i'm afraid, just like in real life a website has to have each option setup as a product in order for it to be treated as a product.

Comment

Afraid Lee is right. I've not managed to create anything that will help with this.
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Don't forget the product options wizard, IMO this was so badly marketed when they added it, that it hardly ever gets a mention, i'd say that at least 50% of people have no idea what it does. If you use it correctly and add stock figures as you do it, it can make the arduous task a little more acceptable as it creates all the hidden products for you.

Comment

Also Chris if you have it so there is no main product included in the order during checkout and on invoice it looks so much neater this way in the basket and paperwork. Was a bit of an effor to set up but once up and running it's really effective IMO.
              Donna

Chief bunting supplier to Take That!

Comment

We have lots of flavours.

We have set up our products with drop-down lists of flavours etc, much like having different colours and/or sizes of garments. The majority of our 1000 products have these choices. It has been essential for proper stock control. We integrate with Sage 50, updating stock figures from Sage to Actinic at least once a day. So on Sage there is a product code for every flavour etc, matching the code on Actinic in the flavours. Though it is a bit tedious to set up initially, it only has to be done once for each product, and you can copy/paste an existing product and edit it rather than starting afresh with each.

Comment

Working...
                X