Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many words or characters ?

Hi

Please can someone kindly help by shedding some light on this for me? How many words or characters can I or should I use in a Section Description?

Can I also ask not to swap me with technique jardon, please just a simple answer.

I have a website that isn't funtioning as it should be and its so frustrating.

Many thanks

Joanna

Thank

I'd have thought it was infinite, having said that anything over 100 words or so would seem somewhat excessive. I presume you mean section text when you ask.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
      I'd have thought it was infinite, having said that anything over 100 words or so would seem somewhat excessive. I presume you mean section text when you ask.
      Thank you for getting back to me, I am asking about the 'Section Details' Description'

I watched the webinair this morning and the chap running it I thought he said a short sharp descrption in the 'Section Details' Description then add a fragment for further information.

Honestly I am so disappointed with Actinic and even though I have paid out a lot of money i just don't feel i am getting the support.

Comment

Hi Jo and welcome to the community.

What sort of support are you looking for?

Is there a website we can view?

For ideas about what works, have a look at some of the sites mentioned in the signatures of people who post on here.

Take note of how they've structured the site, how much and more importantly, *what* they've written to describe each product. Look at the page names in the address bar, look at the page titles at the top of the browser etc etc.
        Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

It is very dependent on what you are selling and your customers expectations.

Also, the answer might be "none".

Some very big sites get along with just their equivalent of the Section Description and picture representative of what's in there.
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Honestly I am so disappointed with Actinic and even though I have paid out a lot of money i just don't feel i am getting the support.
            What sorts of responses are you getting from Actinic support when you contact them with your questions, they are usually pretty good.

The section title can have up to 250 characters and the section description can have up to 20000 characters.

Regards,
            Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
            Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
            A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
            Product Mash for Sellerdeck
            Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
            Multichannel order processing
            Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Originally posted by Joanna View Post
              Thank you for getting back to me, I am asking about the 'Section Details' Description'

I watched the webinair this morning and the chap running it I thought he said a short sharp descrption in the 'Section Details' Description then add a fragment for further information.

The Section Description does not appear on the web page generated for that section it appears in the parent page for that section, so effectively the Section Description has the same effect as a Fragment.

The Section Descriptions of all top level sections appears in the web page that is the top of the catalog. The page name will depend on what you have set in your site but it is the green icon (bundle of money) normally called Online Catalogue with a default name of index.html. This generates a page /acatalog/index.html which contains the Section Descriptions, do a preview of the Online Catalogue to see what I mean.

Hope that is not too technical.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
              SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
              Custom Packages

Comment

Working...
              X