Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FaceBook Like Function on Product Page

Hi

I'm trying to add the facebook like to my product page and have been using the following code below, the code works but what seems to be the problem is that some of the varibles I thought should work don't and just can't get it too pull in the url of the product page or the image of the product.

Any help would be great.

Cheers

Darren

<meta property="og:title" content="<actinic:variable name="PageTitle" />" /> - This work fine
    <meta property="og:site_name" content="Funky Cards - Greeting Cards, Gift Wrap and Stationery Online" />
    <meta property="og:type" content="product" />
    <meta property="og:url" content="<actinic:variable name="PageFileExtension" />?fblike" /> - This doesn’t work and trying to pull in the url of the page
    <meta property="fb:app_id" content="133503260031659" />
    <meta property="og:image" content="http://www.funky-cards.co.uk/acatalog/<actinic:variable name="ProdRef" />X1_thumb.jpg" /> - This doesn’t work and I’m trying to pull in the url of the product thumb nail, so was trying to just pull in the product ref’s number

So the below code is in the product layout and again isn’t quite working.

<div class="fbLike">
    <div class="t"></div>
    <div class="b"></div>
    <fb:like href="<actinic:variable name="PageFileExtension" />?fblike" show_faces="true" layout="standard" ></fb:like> - This doesn’t work and trying to pull in the url of the page
    </div>

I'm not sure which Actinic version you're using, but if you're using subsections for your product pages, try

<actinic:variable name="CatalogURL" /><actinic:variable name="SectionPageName" />

Instead of

<actinic:variable name="PageFileExtension" />

And try using <actinic:variable name="ProductThumbnailImageFileName" /> for the thumbnail image.

In recent versions there is a Variable Reference Guide accessed via the Help menu, which lists all the usable variables and has a search facility.
    Bruce Townsend
    Ecommerce Product Manager
    Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Originally posted by brucet View Post
      ...In recent versions there is a Variable Reference Guide accessed via the Help menu, which lists all the usable variables and has a search facility.
      This is an often overlooked help file. It can also be accessed directly:
      C:\Program Files\Actinic vX\Variable Reference Guide.chm
      (Where X can be for version 8, 9 or 10.)

...as can the Actinic Main Help file: C:\Program Files\Actinic vX\ActinicMainHelp.chm

Comment

Working...
      X