Full description

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Full description

The text that is entered as Full Description in the Product Details also appears on the popup page for the product. Is there any way of not having it appear on the popup?

You can change the Extended Info Page Design on the Extended Information tab of the Product.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Duncan. The problem is I have many many choices uner the Extended Info Page Design field (I didn't build the site!) - one has been made for each Section by the look. Is there a way of making the change within any one of the choices offered? ie: in the actual coding for each of the Designs?

Comment

You can go to the Design Library and copy one of the designs, rename as you wish and then modify that to de what you want. Then on the Product you can select that new one instead.

Comment

Thanks Duncan.... sounds scary but I'll see what I can do (I'm not a programmer!)

Comment

Backup first with a snapshot!

Comment

What you describe in your first post isn't the usual way Actinic behaves. Actinic usually displays the ExtendedInfoText field on Extended Info Pages.

Someone has probably changed your Extended Info layout to replace the line:

<Actinic:Variable Name="ExtendedInfoText"/>

With

<actinic:variable name="ProductDescription" />

Just reverse this and you should be back to normal.

Backup and Snapshot first, just in case...
              Norman - www.drillpine.biz
              Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks both Duncan and Norman. In actual fact, I found that if I removed the line
                <actinic:variable name="ProductDescription" />

I got the result I wanted.... but I'll keep Norman's suggestion!

Comment

Working...
                X