Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rounded Boarders on Products

Hi all,

Does anyone out there know how to put a rounded boarder around products?
    I know there is a plugin to do this, but I would rather do this myself to save some monies etc. plus I would like to learn to do this myself!

Neil

On the product image or around all the product info?

If all info then you can use css backgrounds on divs to do this.

Comment

I would idealy like it to be around the whole product so it incases and seperates each product!

Neil

Comment

Need to get yourself a container around the current layout then and apply a background to that if it will be a set height. If going to be a variable height, then you will need a container at the top containing a BG image for the top 2 curves and then a container underneath which can vary in size with a BG image that puts both bottom corners on and the side borders.

Comment

eh.....................

sorry forgot to say.............IM a NEWBE LOL

Comment

This can also be done with jQuery. Google for "jquery rounded corners" and there will be useful results.
            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks for the input guys,

but can you point me in the correct direction of where I put the code. As I can get a border around the product description or the section links.

I cant seem to find the correct place in Actinic to place the code!?

Neil

Comment

Rounded Borders

Hi Neil,

Did you manage to suss out how to implement the rounded borders? Looking at it...i am going to personally try leehacks suggestion.
                bathroom suites

Comment

I'm having no luck so far!!

aggghhhhhhh

Comment

Originally posted by click4 View Post
                    Hi Neil,

Did you manage to suss out how to implement the rounded borders? Looking at it...i am going to personally try leehacks suggestion.

Have you had any luck yet on this? As I'm Starting to pull my hair out!

Comment

You need to place your content inside the rounded code divs. In other words the Product or Section code needs to replace the text shown in attachment.

There are many ways to achieve this. Attached is an example ripped from an adpated version of the Silver Theme. It has a fixed width of just 155px but you can create your own graphics in the same way to suit your width.

To be able to achieve this you will need to get to grips with html and Actinic design though.
                      Attached Files

Comment

well at the moment I have got this far!

http://trials.actinic.com/trials/tri...ice_Items.html

Using www.spiffybox.com to generate the code etc..

Comment

Try my suggestion above instead.

Comment

just used your idea, but it does not surround the picture!?

http://trials.actinic.com/trials/tri...ice_Items.html

I am creating a new product layout for it to work, just need to suss it!

I think I shall go home and grab a beer and keep playing and learning!

Neil

Comment

I have now put this on the back burner so to speak!

Neil

Comment

Working...
                              X