Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow CGI Checkout and Cart

Can anybody provide me some pointers on resolving a performance issue;

I have created a site and when i open the site from new and veiw an empty cart or attempt to checkout the system returns the page very fast.

However, when i attempt to add a product the site takes an age to add (but it does add). After this however, the view cart or checkout is again very slow.

My site has no SSL configured, the server is Windows 2003, IIS6 and Active Perl 5.12 installed.

I have had a look at the Perl error log on the server and I am seeing a number of messages as per below:

*** 'c:\inetpub\wwwroot\cgi-bin\ca000001.pl' error message at: 2010/10/23 21:19:18
    defined(%hash) is deprecated at al000001.pm line 874.
    (Maybe you should just omit the defined()?)
    defined(%hash) is deprecated at al000001.pm line 880.
    (Maybe you should just omit the defined()?)
    Using an array as a reference is deprecated at ao000001.pm line 4494.
    Using an array as a reference is deprecated at ao000001.pm line 4497.
    Using a hash as a reference is deprecated at px000001.pm line 388.
    Using a hash as a reference is deprecated at px000001.pm line 414.
    Using a hash as a reference is deprecated at px000001.pm line 435.
    Using a hash as a reference is deprecated at px000001.pm line 454.
    Using a hash as a reference is deprecated at px000001.pm line 492.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Do you have a URL?

Comment

Url

Hi,

The URL for the layout I am playing about with is:

http://www.amworld.net/index.html

Comment

If you search for 'camera' as I managed to mess up the toplevelsectionlist you can try and add to the cart from the results to see the error.

Thanks

Comment

Not sure. I see you have two add to cart buttons in the product layouts. I'd fix that first and see if it has any bearing on the time.

Comment

I added the second one as I was formatting - the problem existed before - i have removed it now

Comment

I can't even add to cart at all. Also can't view cart nor checkout.

All I can suggest is that you search the forum for information on windows servers - there are quite a few threads, but not about the same specific issue. Unfortunately not many people use windows servers. Is there a reason why you cannot perhaps change your hosting to linux?

Comment

I had a similar problem in the past. It happen when I had the standard paypal set up. Take it away and it worked fine. When I moved to a new host the problem went away and everything worked fine including paypal.

I did check with the host that everything was actinic compatable (at the time they were selling actinic as an add-on) but some may be more compatable than others.

Comment

Slow CGI Checkout and Cart

Hi

Change Perl version to 5.10, IIS6 does not like the latest version.

Regards
                  Knightrideruk

Out of the darkness comes light........
                  www.cheapelectricals.co.uk

Comment

Thank you all

I moved to a Linux server and all was well - I do not think IIS, and Perl are a good mix.

Comment

I notice I am getting the same kind of errors in my log files. I am running actinic on Ubuntu 12.10 and using perl 5.14.2.

e.g. Using a hash as a reference is deprecated at px000001.pm line 1136., referer: http://brightkidz.lrhserver.com/cgi-bin/cm000001.pl

Apart from this the site seems to function fine. It looks to me as though this is a warning rather than an error. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks,
                      Lance

www.brightkidz.co.uk

"High visibility clothing and accessories for children and adults"

Comment

It's a warning and can be ignored. If you have control over your server you could probably configure it to only log errors (not warnings).
                        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
                        X