Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Shop Working!! (but SMTP not working - please help!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Shop Working!! (but SMTP not working - please help!)

Hi All

Finally got my new v10 shop working - thanks to this forum :-)
    - it's at:
    http://www.mulberrytreegallery.co.uk...talogBody.html
    Bar the search tool, of which the results still look clumsy.

I'd be grateful for comments etc - especially if I'm missing something important. The site is working with Actinic Payments for checkout.

However - I can't get it to send me an email when someone buys something - and they therefore don't get a receipt either. I used the setup wizard to enter SMTP details, but it gives an error message at the point at which it checks with the server. However, when I checked my email, I did receive the test emails, and Test results are successful.

Error msg is "an error occured while sending an HTTP request to the web server. Perhaps your network is down or the web server is down. Try again or contact your network administator or ISP to correct the situation"

My SMTP requires username and password which I enter in the same way as I would for Gmail etc, so I know they are correct. I have looked on the forums for a fix, but this problem seems to have been around for a while, and I haven't been able to find a solution.

Many thanks in advance,

Harry
    Harry

The Mulberry Tree Gallery
    http://www.mulberrytreegallery.co.uk

Untick username and password and try 'localhost' as the SMTP server.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
      Untick username and password and try 'localhost' as the SMTP server.
      Just what I was about to say!

as I had this problem when I first uploaded my shop!

Neil

Comment

I would agree with the above, BUT;

I had the same problem when I was getting started a few months ago (on V10) - I had been using username & password in the Email settings section of the Network Setup screen.

So I changed the SMTP server to localhost & deselected the "Username & Password" required tickbox - still not working though.

So I contacted support & after a bit of coming & going, someone suggested that I remove my previous username & password from these fields, even although they had been deselected via the tickbox - this worked straight away. It's like Actinic acts on the username & password irrespective of weather the tick box is selected or not!
        Air Tech Equipment Ltd - Online Airbrush, Craft & Graphics equipment supplier

Comment

Tried locahost as well as leaving the other fields blank, and now all working.

Many thanks for your prompt responses,

Harry
          Harry

The Mulberry Tree Gallery
          http://www.mulberrytreegallery.co.uk

Comment

Working...
          X