Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Data Truncated after moving section. - now its vanished HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data Truncated after moving section. - now its vanished HELP!

Hi Guys, Support is closed and I'm desperate.

I wanted to re-order my product groups and Dragged a sub-section containing about 20 subsections without about 10 products each up the sub-section list.

however i accidentley dropped it into another sub-section instead of moving it above it

so, i grabbed it again and tried to move it further up the tree but got an error message which read something like "Data Truncated" and mentioned "string" i just clicked ok to get rid of it (no choice), but now the WHOLE subsection and all its products that i initally tried to move... HAS DISAPPEARED!

Can Anyone tell me how I can get it back, prefferabley without having to resort to a previous backup... but if thats what I have to do, how to do it

Help!

Thanks

Mook

Sounds like you will have to restore to an earlier snapshot - i hope you have one or least select to create a database backup each time you close Actinic.

Do you have a recent snapshot?

Comment

Right this how I solved this problem last weekend when it happened to me!

Step 1
      Go to your site1 folder and there should be a access file called Backup. If you copy that to your desktop and rename it to ActinicCatalog.

Step 2
      Go Back to your site1 folder and find the Access database and rename it to something like ActinicCatalog "todaysdate".

Step 3
      Go back to your desktop and copy the Access file you renamed to ActinicCatalog and copy that back into the site1 folder.

Step 4
      Reopen Actinic and you should hopefully be back where you were before you last backed up you database.

Please note this will only work if you back up Actinic's database each time you shut it down!

Neil

Comment

thanks guys, all sorted PHEW!

Comment

Working...
        X