Product Images not Displaying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Product Images not Displaying

I've been loading products and images into my catalogue but there are one or two JPEG image files that won't display when I select the Product Page Preview in Actinic. I just get an outline of the image box with an 'x' in the top left hand corner.

These are JPEG images from a distributor which I have then opened in Adobe Photoshop CS5, rescaled to fit the catalog and then saved off as JPEG again. Approx file size is 34kbytes. The images that won't open are not corrupted, in that they can be opened in any viewer e.g Windows Photo Viewer. I have tried various sizes and resolutions but some of these images still won't display.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Is there a restriction on, or acceptable image size/resolution for product images?

Might be worth checking you haven't saved them with different extensions - Jpg jpg JPG etc.
    Unusual Silver Jewellery
    Giftmill - Unusual Gifts
    Crystal Healing Jewellery
    Steampunk Jewellery

Comment

its worth checking that the colour format of the image is RGB, not CMYK.
      ive made that mistake a couple of times!

Comment

Thanks very much Andy & Paul. You were bang-on Paul! The distributor had saved off some of the JPEG images in CMYK format instead of RGB. The CMYK images were the ones that weren't displaying in Actinic. Actinc will only accept JPEG images in RGB format, not CMYK.

Comment

Working...
        X