Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advanced tax & shipping problems

Hi

I've recently tried to expand the shipping countries available to customers on our website and have experienced a number of problems:

1) I added the USA and Canada as shipping countries and this has resulted in an error asking the customer to enter their state or province regardless of their country. I tried deleting all of the states within the USA and Canada so there are no states in any locations but still the error persisted. The only way to get rid of it is to not offer the USA and Canada as shipping options. How can I offer the USA and Canada as shipping options without the requirement of a state/province from the customer?

2) I set up advanced tax options with zones for the UK, EU and outside of the EU. The UK was set up to pay VAT, the EU to pay it unless a VAT number was provided and the rest of the World not to pay it. I tried it based on the invoice address and then when it didn't work I based it on the delivery address. In both cases no VAT was charged regardless of location! I'm pretty sure the options were set up right so I'm not sure if this is an error? Please help!

I'd greatly appreciate your help with these problems.

Many thanks

Jon

Hello Jon

I would suggest contacting Actinic support so they can take a look at the issue for you.

Regards
    Krithika Chandrasekar
    SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

I contacted Actinic support and they were very helpful and solved the problem for me. Here's what they said in case anyone else has this problem in future:

Ok, for issue number 1). Please go to 'Design | Text' and click the 'Go to' button and enter a 'Phase' of 0 and an 'ID' of 7 and click the button 'OK'.
      This will take you to the 'Invoice Country/State/Province' prompt, tick the 'Show' tick box and click 'OK'.

You will be able to set up the 'United States' and 'Canada' in their shipping zone and upload the site and it will work correctly.

As for issue number 2). I simply selected the 'Advanced' mode under the 'Tax' tab of 'Business Settings', added 'United States' and 'Canada' to the 'Outside EU' and uploaded and it worked perfectly. The US and Canada removed the VAT, the EU and UK charge tax unless the tax has been exempted for the EU.

Comment

Working...
      X