Scheduled refresh;

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scheduled refresh;

Is it possible to do a scheduled, automatic site refresh with catalog?

I usually leave this until it's pretty late in the evening to do this in the hope that there is nobody on the site at the time, but it is a bit binding.

Thanks.
    Air Tech Equipment Ltd - Online Airbrush, Craft & Graphics equipment supplier

You could create a batch file with the Actinic command line options and then use Windows Scheduler to trigger the batch file off at a time you choose.

Comment

Been working on this all morning - does the switch '/u' force 'Publish To Web' or 'Refresh Website'?

(I can't tell by the time taken because both keep crashing when run from within Actinic)
      Paul
      Flower-Stands.co.uk - the UK's largest online supplier of Fresh Flower Merchandising Stands

Using V10.2 with Norman's brilliantly simple TABBER.

Comment

/u is standard upload. I don't think you can do a refresh from the command line.

- Which means I didn't read the OP post very well before posting before.

Comment

Thank you!

(The OP was asking for 'Refresh' though)
          Paul
          Flower-Stands.co.uk - the UK's largest online supplier of Fresh Flower Merchandising Stands

Comment

My hands are up, my head's bowed in shame.

Comment

I've not really had a chance to get back to this, I did also look at a Windows macro / keylogger utility, but again never got the time to look much into it.

Anyway I have a couple of queries connected to this which someone will no doubt know the answers to;

I usually do a site refresh as it allows me to exclude images for a quicker upload - what's the difference between refresh & publish to web as far as regular site updating is concerned?

It seems to be common practice to suspend ordering before doing a refresh, but as far as I can see this would involve another refresh with the suspend ordering switch deselected. Due to the overall time involved in a refresh I have been doing "small hours" refreshes without suspending - is this inadvisable & do I have the right end of the stick regarding suspend & two refreshes?

Thanks

Comment

Refresh if you have any problems, for all others use publish, using refresh all the time is ill advised and pointless. Publish will upload any changed pages, unchanged pages are left alone.

Comment

In my case today (this week) I can't do either, in a V9MU site, since moving my databases to a different machine. My V10 sites work fine.

Martin, you don't need to suspend orders for a 'Refresh' - but you should suspend for a 'Purge & Refresh' (in Help | Troubleshooting) because that deletes (purges) files first before replacing them later, and therefore crashes the website.

Comment

Originally posted by drounding View Post
                    My hands are up, my head's bowed in shame.
                    Please don't take it to heart, you are a respected pillar and we need your continued input.

Don't mind me though, I'm still here trying to get this pesky software to behave itself.
                    Paul

Comment

You can also use this plugin to run scheduled updates :

http://www.mole-end.biz/acatalog/One...r-Actinic.html

It will clear away any error messages that pop up during the upload / refresh, Actinic will repress some if you set an option in business settings but not all.

Regards,
                      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                      Multichannel order processing
                      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Thanks people - I get the idea now & publishing is far quicker & less punishing than refresh.

Cheers.

Comment

May be you are all luckier then, even though I find the latest version better there are still crashes so I dare not leave it to upload without being there...
                          https://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk/

Ed Harrison - Menmuir Scotland

Comment

Originally posted by EdHarrison View Post
                            May be you are all luckier then, even though I find the latest version better there are still crashes so I dare not leave it to upload without being there...
                            Shouldn't speak too soon, but other than the time it was taking to refresh all the time & the occasional errors generated by images in different folder with the same name, I have never really had upload issues - just those of my own creation.

Comment

Working...
                            X