v10.0.3 Second Beta release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

v10.0.3 Second Beta release

We are pleased to announce a second beta test version of Actinic v10.0.3. This fixes several issues reported from the first beta, and includes additional work that can reduce the memory overhead when uploading larger sites.

- To download the software or find out more details, please go to: www.actinic.co.uk/about/Beta.php4
    - If you find any problems with the test version, please post them in our beta support forum: http://getsatisfaction.com/actinic/t..._public_beta_2
    Bruce Townsend
    Ecommerce Product Manager
    Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Bruce will this version become the production release if nothing else is found?

I have a few issues with V10.0.1 and would like to go live with this ASAP, i know you should not use beta for live sites but in the past the production version has been identical to the beta and wondered if this was a possibility with this version aswell

Darren

Comment

There are still some issues we found in testing that we would not want to leave in a production build. The code changes are minor, but the production release will not be the same as the beta on this occasion.
      Bruce Townsend

Comment

OK thanks Bruce ill hold off for now

Cheers
        Darren

Comment

Any date for 10.0.3?
          Chris Ashdown

Comment

Morning Chris,

As its so close to Christmas and the obvious reduction in service this brings due to holiday, we have decided to push v10.0.3 into the new year. The release is functionally complete, QAed and tested, but we like to have the full team available should anything unforeseen turn up.

We will be making the release available, but as beta 3, therefore its not recommended for production use. We will also reserve the right to make last minute changes until the production release.

Sorry if this is frustrating, but we need to be annoyingly pragmatic sometimes with so many users.

We will update the community with the beta 3 link.

Ben
            Benjamin Dyer
            CEO - SellerDeck Ecommerce Software for SME's

SellerDeck is the new name for Actinic Desktop

Have you tried searching the Knowledge Base?

Comment

I understand but a bit sad, had hoped it would be released this week so I could upgrade over next weekend or Christmas break before the 4th from 9.0.5 to v10, with so many computers and sites not easy to change twice i.e. 10.2 then 10.3. Jan is one of our busiest periods
              Chris Ashdown

Comment

Very good idea IMO, sounds like the best option to me. Get the vat changes complete and ensure all ok, then go 10.0.3.

Comment

i can understand the reasons why you guys would want to delay it, but i had hoped it would be soon as it fixes a number of bugs that i really want to put to bed.

I will be honest i am a little disappointed its now been put back

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B View Post
                    i can understand the reasons why you guys would want to delay it, but i had hoped it would be soon as it fixes a number of bugs that i really want to put to bed.

I will be honest i am a little disappointed its now been put back
                    Thought you was a bit of a gambler Darren? If you read between the lines, they've done all they ever would before a release, just don't want to release it while the team are supping sherry and eating mince pies, in case a catastrophe or largish problem occurs. But if that does happen it would probably be you finding it anyway, so either way you'd be forced to downgrade or wait for a new fix, whether you upgrade now or in the new year.

Jump in Darren in the name of adventure - Darren, Darren, Darren, Darren!!!

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
                      Thought you was a bit of a gambler Darren? If you read between the lines, they've done all they ever would before a release, just don't want to release it while the team are supping sherry and eating mince pies, in case a catastrophe or largish problem occurs. But if that does happen it would probably be you finding it anyway, so either way you'd be forced to downgrade or wait for a new fix, whether you upgrade now or in the new year.

Jump in Darren in the name of adventure - Darren, Darren, Darren, Darren!!!
                      PMSL - I could see you sitting at your pc rotating yourhands whilst chanting that

if i can get my hands on the beta 3 then i will probably upgrade, i did check with bruce about the 2nd beta but he confirmed that it would change as they made a couple more fixes - so ill have to keep an eye on the forum for the release

Comment

Like Chris I had hoped to upgrade from V7 to V10.0.3 over the quiet Christmas/New Year period as I anticipate it could take me a while being a numpty!!

If I went ahead with the upgrade to 10.0.2, which will involve quite a few manual changes to the layouts etc to retain the overall look of the site, and then upgraded to 10.0.3 would these changes be retained or would all layouts be set back to the defaults again? If the former then I'll bash on and get the difficult work done, if the latter I'd rather wait for 10.0.3.

Thanks for any guidance received and a Merry Christmas to all, particularly those giving their time and expertise to us amateurs.
                        www.silvermoonbeads.com - Gemstones, Pearls, Hill Tribe sterling silver, Swarovski and Findings.

Comment

You won't lose anything you do moving from 10.0.2 to 10.0.3, feel free to carry on as you were going to.

Comment

Unfortunately we have a few last-minute gremlins in v10.0.3. If we can resolve these and get enough testing done before Christmas, I will upload the production candidate as a third beta and post quietly here and in the beta forum. But we won't risk a full public announcement now before the New Year, because we have only a skeleton support team over the holiday period.

I can't give you a cast iron guarantee about upgrading from 10.0.2 to 10.0.3, but it should be straightforward, depending to some extent on the nature of your customisations.
                            Bruce Townsend

Comment

Thank you both. I shall hold fire for another week with fingers tightly crossed that you eradicate the gremlins!
                              www.silvermoonbeads.com - Gemstones, Pearls, Hill Tribe sterling silver, Swarovski and Findings.

Comment

Working...
                              X