Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Can you help with this? I am looking around the trial version of the ecommerce site and it has almost everything we need but it does not seem to have a vendor section or supplier section.

In other words I would like to enter the name of the supplier of a particular product and their contact details together with the cost pricing etc but obviously i do not want that to be shared with my customers on the website.

Anyone know the answer to that?

thanks
    Paul

Welcome to the Community, Paul.

You can do this by creating some user defined Variables.

Go to Design / Library / Variables. Right-click Product and choose New Variable. Give it a Name and Prompt like CostPrice.

Tick Place of Setting / Product, set Type to Number and uncheck Whole Numbers Only. OK.

Your Product Details / Properties will now have a new entry for the Cost Price. This won't appear on any web-pages, just as you want.

Lets make it more useful. We can make it show when you do off-line Previews but never on the live site. You can get it to display on Preview Mode only by putting it into your Product Layout surrounded by a BlockIf IsPreviewMode. See tutorials for exact procedure.

You can do a similar thing for a "SupplierName", but this time set Type to Text.

Variables are covered in the Help and Advanced Guide. And there's even a tutorial in the Starter Guide under "Adding Custom Fields".
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
    X