Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice for windows 7 upgrade

Hello forum!

I am getting a new work pc with windows 7 installed on it. Is there anything I should be careful of when transferring my sites across? I have a multi-user v10 licence so ill install it on my new pc before I wipe the old one (being sent to someone else)

I have taken a snap shot of the sites and taken a zip of the site folder. Have I missed anything?

Thanks

Keith

Keith,

When I upgrade I always remove the hard drive from the old computer and install it as a 2nd in the new computer.

The amount of times I have searched for a file only to find it on the 2nd drive.
    Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
    Zirconium Rings
    Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

If you are connecting to a server you may need 7 proffesional
      Chris Ashdown

Comment

Hello, Thanks for both of your replies.

My current pc is going to another person so I have to completely wipe it. we are connected to a server and I have created a back up of, the snapshots and a zip of the site folders onto the server. I dont run actinic from the server so Ill move the contents onto my new pcs hard drive and hopefully it will be all good?

Wasnt sure if actinic would have a strop if the site folder moves from say
        C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Actinic v10\Sites
        to something else? anyway should be doing it friday so Ill post the results

Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X