Discounts again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discounts again...

I have a product group (let's call it binends) that I would like to be able to apply a global % discount to without affecting other products. There will be 50+ items in this group so I don't want to have to adjust the prices individually and manually.

I can set up a global discount for this group which works fine, but the problem with this solution is that the discounted prices are not displayed on the catalogue pages - they are only shown when product are put in the basket. This is fine if people know (as many will) that the products are discounted, and this can be covered to some extent with suitable website words, but many casual visitors who are not familiar with the site may miss this.

What is really needed is something along the lines of "normal price £x, discounted price £y" rather like what is displayed when a user logs in to a user account. However we don't want them to have to log in to see this - again the casual visitor will not have an account and cannot sign in. We need all visitors to be able to see that discounted prices are in fact discounted and not the normal price, even if this is their first ever visit to the site.

Am I missing something or is there a way of configuring discounts such that discounted prices are shown on catalogue pages?

All input gratefully received - BTW this is for Business 10.0.2.

Nick
    Fighting with sellerdeck on http://www.nickdobsonwines.co.uk

Hi Nick,

I believe that you are getting mixed up when you think that standard discounts work in a similar way to customer account prices.

You are right in saying that when a customer logs in they are shown both prices, this is because the price is predefined for each product with no ‘trigger’ required to activate the discount other than logging in.

With standard discounts the trigger for the discount to be applied is something that can only be activated when the product is added to the cart. Standard discounts can’t be determined until after a product has been selected not before, unlike customer prices.

Kind Regards

Chris
    Technical Support - SellerDeck
    http://www.sellerdeck.co.uk/

Further help can also be found at http://community.sellerdeck.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27

Comment

Hi Chris

I understand how they both work - but what I want does not appear to be catered for using either. I simply want to be able to unconditionally discount products in a particular product group for all customers, and for the discounted prices to be displayed and used without the need to log in or hit a trigger value (other than 0, which Actinic won't accept). This seems to me to be fairly basic functionality which would have broad appeal.

Looks like I'll be doing lots of typing to achieve what I want.....

Nick
      Fighting with sellerdeck on http://www.nickdobsonwines.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by NickD View Post
        Hi Chris

I understand how they both work - but what I want does not appear to be catered for using either. I simply want to be able to unconditionally discount products in a particular product group for all customers, and for the discounted prices to be displayed and used without the need to log in or hit a trigger value (other than 0, which Actinic won't accept). This seems to me to be fairly basic functionality which would have broad appeal.

Looks like I'll be doing lots of typing to achieve what I want.....

Nick
        Nick
        In the standard off the shelf Actinic Site for V10 there is a 3 for 2 discount setup, could you not modify this to do what you want. The presentation tab for the discounts allows you to setup some standard text that will be displayed on each product, so you only type it once. It can include a link to display all products with the discount.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
        SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
        Custom Packages

Comment

Working...
        X