SSL Setup Query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SSL Setup Query

Although I've setup SSL Cert's for other websites kinda new to doing it for Actinic websites.

When setting up for checkout pages do I simply provide the hosting company with the names of all the checkout pages? i.e. checkout0... etc

no, you specify the ssl settings in actinic network setup and select what parts you want setup under business settings - whole site of checkout only

Comment

Thanks Darren

Understood that bit already, my query was related to what pages I supply to the hosting company. if just login and checkout pages the hosting company wants to know the pages that require SSL so I assume it's

order00.html
      order01.html
      order02.html
      order03.html
      login.html

Or have I got that wrong?

Comment

Why do they need to know the page names?

Comment

AFAIK the server usually mirrors all the web pages on SSL. You don't normally have to specify which pages are needed (or supply copies of them).

Mike
          -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by olderscot View Post
            You don't normally have to specify which pages are needed (or supply copies of them).

Mike
            i have never seen this before either, and even with a new host im currently testing i have just insalled an ssl and there is an option in plesk that asks if you want non ssl and ssl to share the same space.

Comment

I agree with Darren and Mike. SSL is installed for the site, if you go to any actinic site with ssl you will find you can prefix any page ie product pages with https.

Comment

Working...
              X