Javascript code stripping now occurs in v10.0.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Javascript code stripping now occurs in v10.0.3

Just to warn folk that Business v10.0.3 seems to strip out some Javascript code on upload - this didn't happen in v10.0.2

I use Olark's excellent Chat feature, which I was referencing using Javascript code placed just before the </body> tag. After upgrading to v10.0.3 this code was stripped by Actinic:

....{return"static.olark.com/jsclient/loader1.js?ts="....

resulting in:

....{return"loader1.js?ts="....

and breaking the functionality.

After placing the entire code inside an external js file and referencing that from the <head> section instead, this solved the problem.

Any comment from Actinic?
    Kenny Fraser
    http://kennyfraser.com

Looks like Actinic is parsing "<something>.js" and modifying the path so it would work if uploaded into your acatalog folder.

The way to get around this would be to replace
    Code:
    "static.olark.com/jsclient/loader1.js?ts="
    With
    Code:
    "static.olark.com/jsclient/loader1." + "js?ts="
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks Norman - I haven't tried this (I'll stick with the js file reference in the header) but it looks like it should work if anyone else experiences a similar issue with Javascript.

Just to note that this automatic path modification must be occurring as a change in v10.0.3
      Kenny Fraser
      http://kennyfraser.com

Comment

What's happened is probably this. I recall others complaining that Actinic (10.0.2 and lower) wouldn't detect, process, and upload filenames if they had query strings at the end. E.g.

<script src="myfile.js?x=1"></script>

It looks like Actinic 10.0.3 has now started detecting and thus processing such filenames and that's messed up your bit of code for the first time.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
        X