Missing Operator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing Operator

I have posted this previously but got no reply so I am trying again! When editing a product which has components etc, I am getting, "Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression "Product refererence'="ALK116- Pure Protein Bar, S'mores, 50g". I cannot find anything missing and all looks fine. I have about 1000 products most of which have choices, and have been working fine since 2004. Any suggestions as to what is causing this error message?
    Sarah

You may have a corrupted product or maybe linked to an illegal character in the name, maybe - ' or , see if you can see anything in the name or ref that looks wrong, if not delete it, purge it and then try setting it up again.

Comment

Is that really the product reference?

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=44788

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

I thought that Mike too, for starters it is way too long a product reference, but i think the ALK116 is the prod ref, the rest is the product name. If not though, the length of it is certainly the issue. Max of 20 characters is allowed, but we say 19 in case any product is duplicated more than 9 times.

Comment

Thanks

Hi! Thanks for your replies. ALK116 is the reference, and Pure Protein Bar etc is the Short Description.

I have removed the apostrophe from the description and it now appears to be OK. How strange. Thanks.

Sarah

Comment

There have been issues with illegal characaters being allowed in older versions that shouldn't have been allowed, maybe one slipped through the net or was allowed to upgrade etc. Probably never know tbh, but at least it's now sorted.

Comment

Originally posted by saucysal View Post
              I have posted this previously but got no reply so I am trying again! When editing a product which has components etc, I am getting, "Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression "Product refererence'="ALK116- Pure Protein Bar, S'mores, 50g". I cannot find anything missing and all looks fine. I have about 1000 products most of which have choices, and have been working fine since 2004. Any suggestions as to what is causing this error message?
              Sarah
              Hi Sarah

Is it V10? If it is the problem is the ' in the product title. It is a bug in the system and is only a problem with options. I know this from experience as all our products have ' in them and c70% have a choice had to change the ' to ft on every one!!! D
              Donna

Chief bunting supplier to Take That!

Comment

Thanks Donna

I had been going through this afternoon removing apostrophes from short descriptions (product title) but was puzzled why I was only getting the error message with some and not others - your explanation of it only applying to products with choices explains that.

I have V10. Didn't get any error messages about this prior to V10.

I find it a bit annoying - I don't like to use bad grammar, but am having too now. Sarahs lack of apostrophes is bad!

Sarah

Comment

Working...
                X