Displaying products with Zero Vat Rate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Displaying products with Zero Vat Rate

I have 3 VAT Rates on my site, 21%, 13.5% and 0% for my products. All my prices shown on my site are ex VAT (as they must be as my business is wholesale and not retail). I want to show the product Description followed by the Vat Rate, e.g Mars €10 (excluding VAt at 21%). It all works for 21% and 13.5% products but when the product has 0% VAT it displays nothing. Is there anyway to get actinic to show Zero % Vat. I am using the following code with Tax Rate to show the VAT, <code>
    "(Excluding&nbsp;<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsTax1Used%22%20%2f%3e"><actinic:variable name="TaxName1"/> at <actinic:variable name="TaxRate1"/>%</actinic:block><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsTax1AndTax2Used%22%20%2f%3e"> and </actinic:block><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsTax2Used%22%20%2f%3e"><actinic:variable name="TaxName2"/> at <actinic:variable Name="TaxRate2"/>%</actinic:block>)" </code>

Thanks in advance.

Try a condition using
    Code:
    <actinic:block if="%21%20%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsTaxMessageShown%22%20%2f%3e" >
    	Zero VAT
    </actinic:block>
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

NormanRouxel, thanks for the reply but I have to ask the stupid question, where and how?. Just spent the last hour trying to do it or find an answer and I cant.
      Thanks in advance.

Comment

Before or after the block of code you refer to in your first post!

Comment

Or after the line (in layout Standard Tax Exclusive Price):

<actinic:variable name="PreFormattedPrice" value="Product Price Excluding Tax" />

Note that there are 5 different Product Price Layouts. You've not told us which you're using so I'm making an educated guess.

Comment

NormanRouxel, I am using "standard tax exclusive price", i thought I got it working by setting p another Block if and using a =False in a block for the "is tax message shown" so when the tax message is not shown it displays the bit of text.
            Code:
            	<Actinic:NOTINB2B> Please Log In to see prices <!--</Actinic:NOTINB2B><actinic:variable name="PreFormattedPrice" value="Product Price Excluding Tax" /> <Actinic:NOTINB2B>--></Actinic:NOTINB2B>

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsTaxMessageShown%22%20%2f%3e">
            	<span class="actxxsmall">
            		(Excluding&nbsp;<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsTax1Used%22%20%2f%3e"><actinic:variable name="TaxName1"/> at <actinic:variable name="TaxRate1"/>%</actinic:block><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsTax1AndTax2Used%22%20%2f%3e"> and </actinic:block><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsTax2Used%22%20%2f%3e"><actinic:variable name="TaxName2"/> at <actinic:variable Name="TaxRate2"/>%</actinic:block>) 

</span>
            	</actinic:block>
            	<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsTaxMessageShown%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20false" > (Excluding VAT @ 0%) </actinic:block>
            The problem is when I publish the page it launches but crashes acinic.

Comment

It's more likely that your NOTINB2B stuff is breaking things.

Try using your code from immediately above but get rid of the NOTRINB2B stuff by replacing the first line with just:
              Code:
              <actinic:variable name="PreFormattedPrice" value="Product Price Excluding Tax" />
              Also note that my code in post #2 worked fine when I put it into a clean Standard Tax Exclusive Price layout.

Comment

Norman, thanks for your help in trying to get this working, but as I couldnt get it working the way I wanted I have removed it from my site, what I have done is that when I am importing the product it imports the vat into a custom field and displays it that way.

cheers

Comment

Working...
                X