Duplicate Products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duplicate Products

Some of my products fall into more than one category I have just added the product as normal in the desired categorys.

Will there be any issues with this?
    Retro Sweets Shop

Not if you have done it right, no.

Comment

Thats what I'm worried about, I havent used the duplicate product function. I didn't see it to start with. I've just got duplicate products in different categories but with different reference numbers will this cause a problem, if so is there a way of searching for duplicates
      Retro Sweets Shop

Comment

It's an issue if you need to do stock control, it's a maintenance nightmare if you want to change names or price as they are not linked so you need to do multiple changes.

Use your online search to locate all products called the same or maybe do an export to excel and sort them that way. Suffice to say not using the actinic duplicate facility is not a very good idea and one you should change.

Comment

I hear what your saying, to be honest there not my products so was unaware of the amount of duplicates. I take it if I cahnge the original all the duplicates change with it?
          Retro Sweets Shop

Comment

If you've used the duplicate facility yes, that's the idea for easy product maintenance.

Comment

Could you please tell me where I can find the duplicate product facility please (in v10)?

Comment

Right click on a product and select 'copy', right click where you want the duplicate to be and click 'paste as duplicate'. That's it.

Comment

I don't have the option to paste as duplicate, only paste. Sorry if I'm being dense!

Comment

You probably "Copied" the wrong thing (like a Section). You need to right-click a Product in the Content Tree.

Also, see the inbuilt Help for "Duplicating Products" and "How do I put a product in more than one section?". Screenshots there will help. Note that they show two ways to do this, and Copy / Paste as Duplicate may be better for you.
                    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Have a read of the inbuilt help, you need to understand the difference between products, sections, fragments etc. You're not copying a product, most likely a section.

Comment

Thanks for your help

Comment

Working...
                        X