change new product defaults

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

change new product defaults

Is it possible to set the default conditions for the "best seller" and "new product" checkboxes when creating a new product?

These are both checked by default when adding a new product regardless of these features being globally enabled/disabled in "marketing".

To have to trawl through all the products I've added and manually uncheck all these boxes is brain damage.

I can't imagine why anyone would want these checked by default on product creation.

(support directed me to the forums).

thanks for any advice

Greg
    thanks

Greg

By default when you add new products they are auto included in marketing lists, the tickbox on the marketing tab of each is to exclude them, are you saying yours is working the opposite to that? you do not have to tick every product to include it as standard, so something is up your end.

Comment

I think you have three possibilities:

- To hop into the database and change the selections that way (or with a query)

- To start a new product with a copy of an existing one and make the relevant changes that way

- To import your products from a spreadsheet with the relevant value set

Comment

Hi Lee,

It's currently working as you describe. I would like to "exclude" new products from marketing lists by default so that I can add the bulk of the new store products with less effort.

New product and best seller lists are not really applicable at startup as every product is "new" and I haven't sold anything yet.

I was wondering if I can hack the database and set all these values to "unchecked".

It's not really a problem when adding new products to an existing store, just when populating a brand new store

thanks

Greg
        thanks

Greg

Comment

If you don't want to use the facility, instead of switching each product off, why don't you go into the marketing menu and just switch the list off at source? You're taking steps that will shaft you further down the line, just switch off the list until you want it, leave the products alone.

Comment

It's not that I don't want to use the facility, it's the fact that these checkboxes are enabled by default on product creation.

If I turn off the feature in marketing, it just globally greys out all the checkboxes but it still checks all the boxes for a new product, (you can see them greyed out).

w.r.t. Duncan's suggestions, I've modded the database to uncheck all existing products and I think the copy/paste idea will work for adding new products from this point.

thanks for all the advice

Greg
            thanks

Greg

Comment

Am i translating correctly in that you do want to use the facility, you just don't want actinic choosing which products are to go in the lists? if that's true then you still follow my advice to not touch the checkbox, instead in the marketing drop down menu, you directly select the products you want in the lists and "LOCK" them (lock tickbox). You then have a list which you control, is still switched on and you are not shafting yourself for in the future.

Comment

Working...
              X