is this functionality possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is this functionality possible?

I have a large number of hand tool products in a new store project.

My client has asked if it's possible to list these separately by brand, size or application.

Rather than build three sections manually and populate with the various qualifying products, is it possible to use custom variables to hold the brand, size and application data, then get Actinic to generate the relevant page content and include products based on the variable content?

The idea is that when adding a new product, it will automatically get included into all the relevant section pages at publishing time.

This is not a global feature, the affected products will all live under the same section.
    thanks

Greg

It is possible yes, you can use the Block facility that actinic provides. You need to fully understand list layouts and the various blocks you can use, but essentially yes it is possible. Only other point to bear in mind is number of products, if towards the upper limits of what actinic can run, you might find some slowing down as it processes them all. Also don't forget that, it will not subsection products off as standard, you'd possibly need to also include the subsections to filter on.

Comment

An advanced search with custom variables in dropdowns might do what you want.
      See 'Using a Text Field for Searchable Properties' in the AUG.

Comment

I have an add-on "Sorted Products / Sections" that sorts on name and price (ascending or descending) and can be also be tweaked to sort via a user defined Variable. You might be able to list all the products on one page and re-order them on the fly.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
        X