Importing Custom Variables?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Importing Custom Variables?

Looking around the forum, Custom Variables seem to be a bit of a common problem - but I still haven't managed to find the answer to my problem.

I am working on an Actinic site as a redesign of an Actinic site they already have. We've built the site from scratch, but would like to import the product information from their .acd file into our own.

However, a lot of their product information has been done using custom variables - up to 30-odd per item, and obviously re-entering this could be quite a large task.

I've tried exporting their products into a hierarchical document, and the custom variables are shown in the spreadsheet, along with the corresponding entries for the various products.

However, when I try to import the products into our system, the custom variables show as unmapped fields, and although I have re-created the corresponding variables within our own Actinic site, the matching variables aren't shown as fields available for mapping.

It's looking as though we'll probably have to re-enter everything manually, but I thought I'd try here for one last attempt at finding a solution!

Thanks

the matching variables aren't shown as fields available for mapping
    Make sure that your newly created variables have their Place Of Setting set to Product. This will be required for them to appear in the import mapping.

And it may be a good idea to restart Actinic after making such changes.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Try creating a partial design snapshot on the source machine that includes the CVs and import it onto the other machine. After that you should be able to map the fields with the import.

Comment

Thank you, I checked my variables were set to Product, and it seemed to work.

It's odd because I could have sworn that they were set to Product before, but never mind - it's all working and imported now!

Almost gave up hope, so it's really saved me a lot of time

Comment

Working...
        X