Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Internal Server Error after 10.01 to 10.03 upgrade

Hi

My hair has been raplidly turning whiter all day. Early this morning I started to upgrade from 10.01 Business Multi Site/User to 10.03 installing over top of existing.

All seemed to go well until I refreshed the site and then got internal server error on all actinic generated pages other than home page.

Have spoken with Actinic who indicate it is a hosting issue rather than upgrade issue and have not been able to get response from hosts so far today.

I am now desperate to get this sorted and would ask if those of you more experienced and knowledgeable may have some thoughts on what I can try to resolve.

Copy of error when doing network test in link below:

http://www.performancemotorcare.com/networkerror2.JPG

Any thoughts and suggestions would be most welcome and appreciated.

Thanks
    Rob
    For all your car, motorcycle and marine care, cleaning and detailing products.

Update - just got off phone to host support guys. Appears that it is the folder/file permissions that is causing the problems. Some of the settings advised by Actinic support are not working with Apache and also some of the cgi files were not set to executable when they should have been.

Unfortunately having had the folders/files set correctly by the hosting support the next refresh seems to be undoing all their hard work so will need to go back to Actinic support in morning and find a way of ensuring the correct settings are maintained on site updates - unless anyone else knows the answer to this one?

Cheers
    Rob

Comment

Originally posted by robmob View Post
      Hi

My hair has been raplidly turning whiter all day. Early this morning I started to upgrade from 10.01 Business Multi Site/User to 10.03 installing over top of existing.

All seemed to go well until I refreshed the site and then got internal server error on all actinic generated pages other than home page.

Have spoken with Actinic who indicate it is a hosting issue rather than upgrade issue and have not been able to get response from hosts so far today.

I am now desperate to get this sorted and would ask if those of you more experienced and knowledgeable may have some thoughts on what I can try to resolve.

Copy of error when doing network test in link below:

http://www.performancemotorcare.com/networkerror2.JPG

Thanks
      Presumably these are the same settings that you had with 10.0.1, the different paths from cgi-bin to acatalog seem a bit odd, have you tried the wizard. Export a copy first so you have the originals.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
      SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
      Custom Packages

Comment

Malcolm

Yes the settings in the screen grab were exactly same as 10.01. I had also sent them over to Actinic support who confirmed they looked okay. Just a shame the folder/file permissions errors had been missed. Hopefully we will find a way for them to stay set correctly and not be overwritten on a refresh.

Regards
        Rob

Comment

Further update as advised by hosting support guys:

The problem to report (to Actinic) is that the cgi-bin is uploaded as 644 (rw-r--r--) and but should be 755 (rwxr-xr-x).

Regards
          Rob

Comment

Assuming your business depends on your website, my advice would be to remove Actinic from your computer, do a clean install of the previous version that worked, wipe your server clean and import and refresh with your last (working) snapshot. That should get you online again.
            If you have Actinic support you can use their emergency hosting service to get you running again also.
            Kind Regards
            Sean Williams

Calamander Ltd

Comment

The problem to report (to Actinic) is that the cgi-bin is uploaded as 644 (rw-r--r--) and but should be 755 (rwxr-xr-x).
              Have you set the cgi-bin directory permissions to 755? I always thought this would set the permissions on the files it contains (otherwise why have them on a directory?).

Mike
              -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Further update as advised by hosting support guys:

Regards
                I tried uploading a V10 demo site having upgraded it to V10.0.3 LAFA and it uploads fine and does not modify the settings on the folders, my cgi-bin is set to 755 and all files are uploaded as 755. This is from a PC running Windows 7 x32

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
                SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
                Custom Packages

Comment

Working...
                X