Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forum in Actinic

Hello

I want to include a forum on my site just wondered if there was anything in actinic that I could use for this. I have a membership set up on the site which entiles members to discount would be useful if members could have same username and password for the forum. What would be the easiest way to do this?

Any help/comments appricated.

Thanks

A forum? What's one of those then?

There is no simple way to integrate the Actinic "login credentials" with a forum application's login credentials without a lot of jiggery pokery!

The KISS approach would simply be to install a forum alongside your Actinic site (e.g. in a subfolder - mydomain.com/forum/) and create a link to the forum from the main site and visa versa.
    This would mean a separate administration for logins, user administration etc however it would also mean that you could separate the two entities if required e.g. you do not want a customer on the forum yet you still want them to shop online!

The jiggery pokery method would involve a customised login page that set the login cookies (or auto-logged in) for both the Actinic site and the forum site at the same time.
    Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
    Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
    SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

I thought this might be the case thankyou for the help

Comment

Working...
      X