General Script Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Script Error

Hi, Dont know who to turn too with this problem. Google analytics is showing that over a period of time over 200 people have been directed to -/cgi-bin/ca000001.pl which then shows them a page that says -A General Script Error Occurred, Error imput is Null. I have a cover contract but they say its not something they support. At the moment my clicks are all paid for (adwords) so im paying for people to see the above message. I have tested my google ads and everytime I do it I get directed to the right page, and the web site all seems to be functioning properly.
    has anybody any ideas.
    thanks, Frank

www.past-reflections.co.uk

What landing page did you set up in your ad campaign?
    Have you an example?

Comment

I have 2 ads running, one directs to my home page (which on analytics just seems to show as a / ) and the other goes to a product section ( in this case Fine art posters) when I test them they seem to work and analytics shows that people are ending up in the right place. But for instance yesterday 30 clicks went to - /cgi-bin/ca000001.pl whatever that is.
      frank
      www.past-reflections.co.uk

Comment

/cgi-bin/ca000001.pl
        That's your cart script.

There's not much sign of many errors in your error file and normally I'd expect to see 'input is null' errors there.

I find it hard to understand how ad click would be going to the cart. Are you sure you're reading your analytics file correctly? What is analytics saying?

Mike
        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

I really hope it is me making a mistake. Where google lists content overview, there are a list of pages where people have been - if I click on them it gives more details and the option to 'visit that page' as I mentioned earlier if I click on / it goes to the home page, the rest are easy to understand because part of the address is the section name, I just wondered what the /cgi-bin/ca000001.pl was, so I clicked it and thats when I see te error.
          Thanks
          Frank

Comment

I just wondered what the /cgi-bin/ca000001.pl was, so I clicked it and thats when I see te error.
            OK That's the problem. Website users won't be seeing the error, they'll get the shopping cart. It's only you because you're following an incorrect link to the script that you're seeing the error message.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Thank you all Very much for putting my mind at rest.

Comment

Working...
              X