Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PushButttonGrid & Out Of Stock Implementation

HI,
    I'm hoping someone can help me out here as I'm totally lost trying to implement the Push Button Matrix with Out of stock for Product attributes.
    Thread I'm following is

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=37812

but am on Business V10.0.3. Understand the thread is V8/9 but AUG V10.0.3 points to it. So i've assumed its should be OK for V10. Errors i'm getting are attached. I've also done a clean install of V10 but makes no difference. Couple of things,

Firstly, the layout 'Add to cart Push Button' is not found, but 'Push Button Grid' under Attributes is found. Comparing its contents & following design links, it seems to be the right one. Also, the only changes i'm making on layout for PushButton & Out of Stock buttons are the text i.e instead of 'Add to Cart', its 'OOS' & 'ATC', just to get it working.

Many thanks in advance.
    Nilesh
    Attached Files

You cannot use actinic_main.php from V8 in V10. What you'll need to do is get the standard Actinic V8 actinic_main.php and compare it with the tweaked on from the post you mention above (use WinMerge from http://winmerge.org/). That will give you the changes that you need to move into the V10 actinic_main.php.

Make sure you keep a copy of the original V10 actinic_main.php as one error there and Actinic will probably not run.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks for the response, Norman.
      Earlier, I had tried using actinic_main.php from V8, V10 as well as a visually compared & modified V10 file. None worked.
      This morning, followed your suggestion of using WinMerge and tried it. Makes no difference. Getting the same errors as before i.e.

1. The xxxx variable has been placed within yyyyy layout, but won't work there. This refers to
      a. layouts 'PushButtonGridButton' & 'ButtonOutOfStock' for the variable 'ProductReference'
      b. layout 'Push Button Grid' for the variable 'ProductID'
      c. Layout'Standard Layout using CSS' for the variable CartError & Product Description.

2. The PHP Parsing error is from 'Push Button Grid' Layout Line 11 which is when its assigning PushButtonGridButton to $sATC.

Any other suggestion, 'cos i'm totally lost now.
      Thanks
      Nilesh

Comment

Hi,
        Have retried a few times now. Errors tend to manifest only when the new layouts are created & selected. So actinic_main.php must be OK. WinMerge has been used to compare the actinic_main file.
        Have absolutely no idea how to set this up on V10, so have decided to give up for now. Unless someone can suggest anything.
        TIA, Nilesh

Comment

Hi,

Have spent the last few days trying to implement the OutOfStock marker within a permutation Grid based on thread 37812. No matter what I do, once Actinic doesn't like it, it throws it out with parsing errors. in some cases, it refers to line 712 but the actinic_main.php file is only 300+ lines.
          I have used winmerge to compare line by line & see what is new in V10 & leave it intack as opposed to V8 what the thread provided the solution for.
          What I found is that Actinic is not very useful in helping in any diagnosis.

Regressing back to V10 default allows me to display a grid with all permutation set to AddToCart.

Is there anyone out there who can advise or suggest how to get this implemented. Actinic Support can't help as its raised on the forum & thus not supported.

Thanks in Advance.
          Nilesh

Comment

Hi Nilesh,

I came up with the original alterations for this and have hit the same problem myself.

At face value it looks like the issue is not with the altered actinic_main.php but with something a little deeper, and actinic 10 doing something different with the ProductID.

I will have a chat with the development guys tomorrow and see if something has changed that would affect this.

Regards
            Billy
            Mad 4 Ponies
            http://www.mad4ponies.com/index.html

Comment

Hi Billy,

Thanks for the update. Would love to hear the outcome.

One thing I had noticed is that if you have defined permutations for a product but do not have an associated product underneath for each & every one of them, then it will fail with a parsing error. So what i've done is to set number of attributes to 0 as default so basic drop down menu is used. Then for each master product, I review the permutations & reset the number of attributes to 2 i.e. colour/size. before I preview & publish the page.
              Hope that helps.

Regards
              Nilesh

Comment

I have managed to resolve the problem and come up with some additional improvements to the out of stock buttons.
                However, I am just waiting on a response from the support guys before I post the amendments for this. Will hopefully get this up on the forum this weekend.

Regards
                Billy
                Mad 4 Ponies

Comment

Fix to v9 push button grid

The thread below list the changes for the push button grid with out of stock buttons to work in version 10:

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=51121

Billy
                  Mad 4 Ponies

Comment

Working...
                  X