Help - Data Truncated error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help - Data Truncated error

I've just booted up Actinic 10 this morning and received a 'Data Truncated Error'. This is followed by 'Unable to locate the business settings in the setup database' and then the attached image. Actinic then opens, creates a .dmp file and shuts down again.

At this stage of the website, all we're doing is working on the design and that's little more than tweaking the size, colour and replacing button images for our own etc.

Any help to get Actinic to at least boot up would be very helpful.
    Attached Files
    Regards,

Nick Churchill
    www.oliverslighting.co.uk
    Olivers Online Shop
    Working within SellerDeck V11

It sounds like the database is perhaps corrupt.
    First backup the complete Site1 folder.

I am presuming you have been making frequent database or/and snapshot backups...

To restore the last database backup go to the Sitre 1 folder and rename the file ActinicCatalog.mdb to Faulty_ActinicCatalog.mdb then rename the Backup.mdb to ActinicCatalog.mdb. Now try and start Actinic.

To restore the database from the last snapshot go to the Sitre 1 folder and rename the file ActinicCatalog.mdb to Faulty_ActinicCatalog.mdb then install 7zip from the internet (free) and browse to your latest snapshot. Find ActinicCatalog.mdb inside and extract it to the Site1 folder. Now try and start Actinic.

Comment

Thanks Duncan for your prompt and concise answer.

I make a database backup when prompted, each time I shut down Actinic.

Sadly the first Database backup solution didn't work, and I haven't taken a snapshot of the new shop yet.

Is it possible that a creek is looming, one for which I don't have a paddle?
      Regards,

Nick Churchill
      Olivers Online Shop

Comment

With a bit of luck you should be OK.

First, make a backup copy of the existing database just in case.

Then, try repairing the database outside of Actinic. You can do this in Access . See http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=45302

If you don't have access this can also be done without it but I haven't the details here.

If nothing else works, Actinic support can usually fix database problems.

Mike
        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

You could try a compact and repair of the database in MSAccess.
          You could also try opening the database in MSAccess and visually inspecting table Setup2 to see if you find anything truncated.

Comment

Yes I'd read several posts on here with reference to MS Access, but I presently don't use this software. I think Open Office offers a compatible alternative, just off to look at their website.
            Regards,

Nick Churchill
            Olivers Online Shop

Comment

I doubt Open Office DB will work to repair.
              How big is your database if you zip it up, maybe you could mail it to me?

Comment

The ActinicCatalog.mdb is just shy of 10mb. I could always zip it up and upload it to my FTP if you're game for a look?
                Regards,

Nick Churchill
                Olivers Online Shop

Comment

It should zip to next to nothing. Upload it and PM me the link - no promises but I can take a look.

Comment

Thanks Duncan, it did indeed compact well. I've just used the email function here to send you the link along with a little additional info.
                    Regards,

Nick Churchill
                    Olivers Online Shop

Comment

It's on it's way back to you.

I replaced the contents of the Setup2 table with that from a default store. You will need to redo your network settings etc.

I have also sent you the contents of the problem Setup2 table in an Excel file for reference.

Comment

Hi Duncan, did you by any chance send the email by way of the Actinic forum? If you did, could you possibly send it using the email address at the bottom of the email I sent to you? I'm registered on this forum using my 'day job' email and don't have access to that account while at home, which I presently am.

Sorry to be a pain.
                        Regards,

Nick Churchill
                        Olivers Online Shop

Comment

Resent to your home email address.

Comment

Working...
                          X