Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can product variants be selected via a drop list?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can product variants be selected via a drop list?

In my current store project I have a quantity of hand tools that look similar apart from length.

Each product needs its own pricing and quantity price breaks.

My client has asked if he can just show one generic product with an image, then use a drop list to show length variations.

This would then add the selected product variant to the cart using whatever quantity gets specified and observe quantity prices for that variant when "add to cart" is clicked.

Is this functionality going to possible?

I did trawl the forum first and had a look at this thread,

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=49420

but I don't fully understand the advice offered there.
    thanks

Greg

See the Actinic Help - Creating Product Options.

Although it may be difficult to deal with your need for quantity price breaks on each choice.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Update: Thread http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=40728 - final post seems to say it can be done using Permutations with Associated Products.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

I'm pretty sure price breaks work if you have associated products, the only problem is you cannot easily display those price breaks, so if you do go down this route, try and have standard quantity breaks across all products, so that customer always knows, 1-5, 6-10, 11-20, 30+ etc.

Comment

Hi all, many thanks for the advice.

I've almost managed to get what I want using the "associated products attached to a dummy product" method.

I even managed to get around displaying individual QPD prices by introducing a pop-up DIV whenever you hover over a price in a choice grid below the drop list.

To achieve the above I edited the layout "Permutation Grid Row".

Whilst this appears to be working well, this mod should be a layout option so I can still use the standard permutation layouts where needed.

To try and achieve this, I duplicated various layouts in the libarary so I can hopefully create my own "Components List" layout structure out of the dupes, but I'm struggling with a couple of things.

In the design tree there's a layout called "Permutation Grid" which is related to a variable called "Permutation Layout". I can't seem to find these anywhere and I think I need to have alternate versions of these in my mod to be able do what I want.

Does anyone know where these are stored and if they can be edited?

I'm hoping this approach is not stupid.
          thanks

Greg

Comment

In the design library, right click on the top of the tree and you can use the 'search' facility.

PS - Permutation Layout is a 'selector' denoted by a pink swirly icon. A selector is where you select a choice from, open it up and look at the values tab.

Comment

I think my brain must be melting.

I realise I've already duplicated the Permutation grid selector and layout I mentioned, I can see them in the library.

What I meant to ask is how to get them to appear in the design tree but I think I've just figured it out.

When looking at the code for "Grid Of Permutations" you see this code below if you switch to advanced view.

<actinic:variable name="PermutationRow" value="Permutation Grid Row"/>

I misunderstood what I was looking at. I now realise that this is referencing a selector and a related layout.

It's all looking dandy now.

Many many thanks for all the advice, much appreciated.
              thanks

Greg

Comment

Working...
              X