Limiting Search to certain sections?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Limiting Search to certain sections?

I realise that you can adjust the Search settings so that the user can select which section they want to search products in, but that's not really what I'm trying to do.

What I need to do is create a page that allows the user to search from a certain range of products - however, these products are all in various sub-sections scattered around the site. So what I'd really like to be able to do is specify certain sections to be included when using the search function, but exluding others.

Basically the site sells a range of diaries, and within each brand of diary there are both complete diaries, and sets of pages used to refill them. What I need to do is create a search function that will allow the user to search through all the refills on the site, but not the complete diaries.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks

The post below explains how to exclude products with a certain letter at the end of the "Product Reference" (In this case X)

http://community.actinic.com/showpos...4&postcount=10

I have tested this in V10 and it works and wont show any products with an X at the end of the product reference

Comment

Thank you, that could be a solution for the problem.

However, there are quite a lot of products, and altering all of their references could be a lot of work. It would do the job, but I'm not sure how efficient it would be.

I don't suppose there would be any other way around the issue? I just want to make sure there are no other options first

I appreciate your help though!

Comment

Not really, either way you would have to manually look for each product reference you want to change.

Sorry i couldn't be more help

Comment

No that's fine - it just means manually setting up 100+ references that obviously doesn't sound too appealing!

But I hadn't managed to find a way to do it at all, so thank you

Comment

Glad i could help

Comment

Working...
            X