Actinic V10 Invoice Sequence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic V10 Invoice Sequence

i know this has been done to death already, but i have just had to reinstal V10 from V9 catalogue and have lost all of my sales records from Invoice 2090 thru to Invoice 2974

Despite the fact that i would love to sit an manually type some 884 orders into the system i think i will give it a miss as i have a heck of a lot of other things to do and pretty much no way of keeping the sales records accurate.

It will be something i would like to work on over time.

However, for now i have a big pile of orders for feb that i do wish to process but ive already used the invoice numbers on the orders ive taken since Ocotber.

What would you suggest being the best way forward. I would have ideally liked to just pick up the invoice numbers where i left off, but looking at previous threads this option doesnt appear to be available.

My other thought would be to change the prefix of the Invoice number so that in my little head i would know what the problem is.

or i could just raise 884 invoices with the cusomers name and invoice total - just for continuity.

what do we think?
    Lorna
    www.horsepoosaddlery.co.uk - for everything equestrian

Why are the orders lost, do you not have any backups?

Comment

If you have a copy of your ActinicCatalog.mdb from V10 then you can import the orders from that using file / import orders.

We have a free backup program that you can use to backup that file on a scheduled basis (no use for you for this but perhaps useful in the future), you can find more details here :

http://www.mole-end.biz/acatalog/Eas...rs_Backup.html

Regards,
      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
      Multichannel order processing
      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

hello - thanks for that - i have contacted your website about another project im working on!

I have located hte file and had a look - but it is the same information as i currently have.

It doesnt seem to have 'saved' anything since my upgrade so im busy beavering away trying to get the site moving forward instead of worrying about the things i cant change now.

must learn how to 'sve' my work in future - although i thought i had been making backups every shutdown

anyway - thanks for offering a way forward
        Lorna

Comment

Lee - i thought i had been backing up every time i shut down but it appears that i havent, and if i have i dont know where to get them from.

i just want to get as much info as i can online. its been quite a useful exercise actually as i have made a lot of mistakes first itme round - i can now fix them and more forward more positively.

as much as im fuming at myself, ive learned a valuable lesson.

i have a few small design errors, but im sure someone on here will be able to help me out.
          Lorna

Comment

Bite the bullet and get some professional help and advice, doesn't sound like the advice you need or the fixes you will need are things easily relayed on a forum. Have a look on the actinic site for a local designer, probably be the best money you spend. Site can start on a strong foot then.

Comment

yeah i shuold definatley just stick to horse riding!
              Lorna

Comment

Working...
              X