imports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

imports

I have added user-definable variables to products after having created those products with a flat-file import, can I now add values to those variable with a hierarchical import using just the Product Ref plus my new variables?

Having looked at the sample hierarchical import structure it looks too complicated for me to complete all the fields, what would the format be if i just wanted to import for the new variable?

Thanks

Probably not as simple as you wish. Unless you have Section details in your hierarchical file then you'll be loading all these amended products into the site root. This will probably conflict with the existing products located elsewhere in the section structure.

One thing to try is that you can Export your existing site (File / Export). You now will have a hierarchical file containing all your products. Amend this to add the user variable names to the header for Products and to each Product line. Now you can re-import that to update everything.

Backup first!
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

import

that's a great idea - thanks Norman I will try that.

Comment

The way I do this is to create a heirarchel (spell) file from a flat file using the flat file converter in the program files folder.
        You create your flat file using headers that match you own variable names and save as a CSV then load it into the converter, select that they are product type variables from the drop down list then build the file.
        Import it into actinic making sure you have update rather than replace selected and all your product variables will be updated.
        Unusual Silver Jewellery
        Giftmill - Unusual Gifts
        Crystal Healing Jewellery
        Steampunk Jewellery

Comment

Originally posted by AndyBorrett View Post
          The way I do this is to create a heirarchel (spell) file from a flat file using the flat file converter in the program files folder.
          You create your flat file using headers that match you own variable names and save as a CSV then load it into the converter, select that they are product type variables from the drop down list then build the file.
          Import it into actinic making sure you have update rather than replace selected and all your product variables will be updated.
          that's really intersting - i did not know about the converter - thanks for your help

Comment

Working...
          X