Search by In Stock products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Search by In Stock products

Is it possible to use the Stock Value variable as part of search / advanced search criteria - i.e. only show products in-stock.

I am fairly sure this was not possible in earlier versions but can it be done in V10.

I also assume, as the option does not seem to be available in design view, you can not display the number in stock in the search results.

I guess this adds up in that the variable is not available to the search code....

looked in AUG and searched forum but can not find any real reference clearly says yes or no to this surprisingly.

Thanks
    David Cunningham

www.truska.com
    -----------------------------
    ECommerce (SellerDeck) & Web Design, Hosting, Search Engine Optimisation, Social Media and Remote Backup (Truska Backup)

It's certainly not possible as standard, agree it would be a good feature, not sure showing stock levels is important, I'd be more interested in only in stock products showing in the search results.

Good question.

Comment

Thanks Lee

agree - to be able to optionally show only products in stock would be good but I guess if the variable is available then either could be done.

In our case we are importing all data every few days - incl. stock value - and just showing it (or at least a message based in quantity using blocks) so I could create a another custom variable and drop the figure into that as well which can be seen via search - this would answer part of the problem and would be easy to do - but our longer term plan is to try and get live stock running rather than uploading everything on such a regular basis - there are over 20,000 products.

But thanks for info - no point in spending more time looking as it will not do it....

Cheers
      David Cunningham

www.truska.com
      -----------------------------
      ECommerce (SellerDeck) & Web Design, Hosting, Search Engine Optimisation, Social Media and Remote Backup (Truska Backup)

Comment

Working...
      X