Duplicate image finder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duplicate image finder?

Does anyone know of a duplicate image finder? I'm working on a site with 2000+ images in different subfolders within the Site folder. Uploading it kept stopping after a few hundred uploaded to announce a duplicate image name. This was repeated many, many times as we dealt with the dupes. Is there a less time wasting way to find dupes in a large site prior to upload rather than multiple upload attempts? Thanks.
    Jonathan Chappell
    Website Designer
    SellerDeck Website Designer
    Actinic to SellerDeck upgrades
    Graphicz Limited - www.graphicz.co.uk

Do a file export, leaving just the product name, ref, image reference and section name columns, sort them on the image name column so the ones that are the same will auto be grouped together (next to each other) and then do a simple excel formula in the next spare column that checks whether the image above this row is the same as this one, if it is then put 'true' in the column. Then do a copy - paste value of the column with the formula in to the next column, you will then have a hard coded true value in that column, do another sort on that column to put all trues together and you will have a list of all duplicates. That'll take about 5 mins to do max.

There are other ways via the database, you could also run a pivot table, but i suspect that will be the easiest, simplest and quickest way.

Simple excel formula:

=if(D5=C5,"true","")

change the cell references to suit your spreadsheet and then just drag it down to repeat it for all rows.

Comment

Wow! Good answer Lee. I'll give it a crack. Thanks.
      Jonathan Chappell
      Website Designer
      SellerDeck Website Designer
      Actinic to SellerDeck upgrades
      Graphicz Limited - www.graphicz.co.uk

Comment

Working...
      X