Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Search not displaying all results

Hi,

I have a problem whereby the Actinic search engine is not displaying all of the products it should.

Take a look at http://www.quality-appliances.co.uk/index.html and try searching for 'lec'. The site returns only two results, whereas there are way more products that are actually available to buy on the site.

Has anyone experienced this problem before? How do I get Actinic to display all the results?

p.s. the search settings seem to be perfectly normal...

I was trying to help but gave up after trying (and failing) to find a Lec product that wasn't on the search list. Could you help others by posting a link to a product that's not being indexed?
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi Norman,

Here are some Lec products that are not being indexed:

http://www.quality-appliances.co.uk/...idge_50cm.html

http://www.quality-appliances.co.uk/...tres__669.html

http://www.quality-appliances.co.uk/...ilver_644.html

There are more in the 'refrigeration' section if that helps.

Jack

Comment

Bump.... he's right you know!

Using V10.2 with Norman's brilliantly simple TABBER.

Comment

The Lec text on a product that does work, does not seem anything different to that on a product that does not work, so something certainly seems up. If a website purge and refresh does not solve this, there appears to be a fault in how the search file is created, which version of v10 is this?

My instinct is telling me it is because it is a 3 letter word, don't ask me why, it's a wild stab in the dark, nothing more, but some search engines do struggle with just 3 characters, this forum is a classic example of that.

To quash that theory, can you change the 'Lec' on a few products to be something a little longer, say 'Lectric', upload and try that. Change it back straight after so ok for customers, but it will at least quash that idea.

In a way, i hope you are on 10.0.3 because it will mean you might have uncovered a problem with that version, if indeed it is a currently unexplainable problem.

I think because you have removed the product name and use the section name on the page, somehow actinic is failing to read the product descriptions correctly. Again it's just a theory or more to the point the first thing i woudl be trying to disprove if it were mine.

They're not duplicates are they by any chance?

I'd also switch 'description' off in the search settings, upload and then switch it back on and then upload, just to make sure search file has not been time warped.

Comment

I'd say there's some wrong with certain products. A search for 'larder' also doesn't show the 'LEC larder fridge' (which suggests it's not a 3 letter problem).

It's odd because AFAIk there is no way of excluding products from the search so how you've managed this is a mystery.

Mike
            -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Hi all,

Jack posted the original om my behalf, but heres a little more info.
              Version 10.0.2
              And just a note on the 3 letter theory, try searching for hob and see that it reports back over 80 (which is everything on the site with that word in)

Comment

I think you should raise a support ticket with Actinic for this as I don't think anyone has come across this before.

Comment

Upgrade to 10.0.3, if still the same after that, then contact actinic.

Comment

Upgraded with no effect,
                    Thanks anyway.

Comment

Just for the record, the same 'feature' was with V9.

Go to Grimshaw Sports
                      Try looking for HA-RUG-008
                      It is found. (6m Socketed no.3 Steel Posts)

Try looking for HA-RUG-020
                      It is NOT found. (17m Hinged Millennium Rugby Posts)

Search on the products and they CAN be found.

I've purged, repaired etc, all to no avail.

One small clue is that it is not consistant across browsers, (but then again what is?)

Comment

Working...
                      X