Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FeeFo fail

Good afternoon,

This morning our FeeFo feedback file did not automatically upload, but we paid no attention to this.

When we now try and download orders the feedback file appears to be trying to upload and an error message appears " FTP Error, Cannot connect to FeeFo, error on Port 21".

Should we have changed our settings this morning, has there been a change with the way Actinic interacts with FeeFo that we should have changed?

Regards, Robert
    Robert Johnston
    www.gentlemans-shop.com

An upgrade was announced on the forum, perhaps we are in that upgrade window now, check the dates in the announcement to confirm.

Comment

Hi Lee, that was for last weekend and our uploads worked perfectly yesterday.

Is anybody else experiencing any issues, or are we alone?

Regards, Robert
      Robert Johnston
      www.gentlemans-shop.com

Comment

Our seem to be working correctly today - I do see the occasional fail though and it's a nuisance because it makes Actinic hang. It doesn't happen very often though.

To work around it, perhaps you could disable feefo while you upload, when it's working again the orders not uploaded will be uploaded.
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Johnston View Post
          Hi Lee, that was for last weekend and our uploads worked perfectly yesterday.

Is anybody else experiencing any issues, or are we alone?

Regards, Robert
          Not just you - ours has not worked for last couple of days either. Looks like a setting has changed. Will report to Actinic now and post any answers up here

Kev

Comment

Good morning all

I cant say if the issues you are experiencing are as a result of last weekends activity or not, I personally don't believe in coincidence so I'm investigating now.

As soon as I have more information I will let you know

Steve
            Steve Wardell
            Operations Director

Comment

Just a quick update.

There are definitely DNS propagation issues involved, not problems, just the time DNS is taking to update. This isn't something anyone can directly control. You can check the IP address that Feefo resolves to by (if you are using Windows) opening a command line and typing

nslookup feefo.com

I'm told the correct address is 89.151.77.8

Feel free to post your result here if you are not sure about it or ping me directly with a message.

There were also some Firewall configuration settings that were less than optimal (or wrong ) these have been corrected.

Can everyone retry, regardless of it working or not can you post back with the nslookup result as well if possible

Thank you and I am sorry for the hassle.

Steve
              Steve Wardell
              Operations Director

Comment

For information when this I test myself

feefo.com resolves to 89.151.77.8

When I try to connect via FTP it connects fine and I can upload and download as expected.
                Steve Wardell
                Operations Director

Comment

I also get 89.151.77.8
                  Darren Guppy
                  Golf Tee Warehouse
                  Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

Originally posted by Golf Tee Warehouse View Post
                    I also get 89.151.77.8
                    and is Feefo working as expected for you?
                    Steve Wardell
                    Operations Director

Comment

I am on V9 so do not yet use Feefo myself but thought you were after the NS Lookup results from as many forum members as possible although may have misunderstood.
                      Darren Guppy
                      Golf Tee Warehouse
                      Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

Originally posted by Golf Tee Warehouse View Post
                        I am on V9 so do not yet use Feefo myself but thought you were after the NS Lookup results from as many forum mebers as possible although may have misunderstood.
                        Thanks for posting, its helpful to see that you have the correct DNS result
                        Steve Wardell
                        Operations Director

Comment

Hi Steve,

I had a day away from the interweb today and have only just seen your post.

Just checked the DNS trick and received the correct IP address, so will try enabling FeeFo again in the morning.

Update:

Switched FeeFo back on this morning and the upload worked first time, so all is well again.

Thank you, Robert
                          Robert Johnston
                          www.gentlemans-shop.com

Comment

Feefo is working again here (mine stopped working yesterday)

Regards,
                            Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud

A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                            Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                            Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

To get around the problem of order download hanging yesterday I switched off feefo, I switched it back on today and uploaded but when I checked the site, the products did not have feefo buttons. A refresh sorted it out but I thought I would post here just so warn people to check for this if they also switched feefo off temporarily.

Regards,

Comment

Working...
                              X