No announcement yet.

Do you recommend Actinic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this for yourself Robert or for a client project?

Comment

Originally posted by drounding View Post
      Is this for yourself Robert or for a client project?
      Several client projects - 4 stores in total.

Comment

In a nutshell YES it does most of what I need to run multiple websites

Comment

Many thanks for all your replies - very helpful.

Comment

One point that cropped up with some other software was in multi user mode Actinic locks out other uses whilst someone is using a order or product this stops records being corrupted by two or more users on the same information at the same time, a lot of online systems do not do this
            Chris Ashdown

Comment

Being a loyal Actinic user (because I don't know any different, V7 to V10, MU) is not without its headaches, late nights, frustrations, head-banging, alcohol-abuse, smoking too much, impotence, going grey, aging prematurely, and I could go on. (not second divorce just yet because 'er indoors is as committed as I am, and not drugs because I wouldn't - though Actinic tempts me sometimes... and fortunately I don't need a hip replacement, though I wouldn't be surprised if that was downloaded with the 30 day trial).

I admit that some issues suffered may have been of my own doing; and some are not actually Actinic, but hardware, network or other software related, problem being it doesn't tell you what the problem is.

This forum is the product's best asset - I have learnt so many beneficial tweeks, a bit like Firefox being improved by it's hard-core of users. The downside of that (apart from upgrades overwriting everything you've acheived) is that 'The Towers' as we call them either ignore the improvements, or, admit/agree to them but then refuse to offer further support. I think that's short-sighted.

Rainbow Florist Supplies Ltd. - leading supplier to the florists' trade
              Flower Stands - Merchandising Units for Fresh Flowers in shops, malls and garages
              Silk Floral Shop - high quality flowers that never die.
              Paul
              Flower-Stands.co.uk - the UK's largest online supplier of Fresh Flower Merchandising Stands

Using V10.2 with Norman's brilliantly simple TABBER.

Comment

Originally posted by pfb5 View Post
                headaches, late nights, frustrations, head-banging, alcohol-abuse, smoking too much, impotence, going grey, aging prematurely
                As I'm experiencing most of that already (I strongly deny the impotence ) Actinic will slot in to my life style quite nicely.

Comment

I like the fact that the database is offline, and that the server only has to serve static html pages. This makes the shop quick to browse.. and uses less server resources, making the shop quick even at busy times.. because the server isnt having to query the database for every request. Some shops with online databases really suffer at peak times, with pages taking a while to load.

I know server speeds have increased.. but I still think this makes a difference.

Also the seo/serps seems to work much better with actinic rather than online database driven shops.. for the same reason. I recommend actinic to my contacts for these reasons.
                  Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Working...
                  X