Image Only At Section Level Question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Image Only At Section Level Question?

At certain parts of my section levels I want to use an image only....

However at other parts I am including the product price and a more info link button along with the image.

Is there any way of doing this please? as currently i seem to be only able to use one setting for each of the different section levels.

Do you mean you want to use a different layout for some sections?
    goto section details, layout, then find section link layout and change it to Image only.

You can create a new layout in the design library

Comment

I have included the price at subsection level, but at the top of the section I just want to use an image.

The problem is I have done what you said ie go to section details, section link layout and selected image only no text shown,

The section name and a more info button still appears....
      Any way around this?

Comment

To explain this better I have got;

Clothing
        - Mens Clothing (Breeks, Coats, Fleece etc)
        - Breeks
        -Section (entitled as the product)
        - actual product
        - actual product
        - actual product

I want the Breeks, Coats, Fleece to just show an image however at the different levels I want more info included

Comment

Ok so you have a section with layout images only, then you have a subsection with the product price details, then you have a product?

Do you have a URL? might be easier to see what you mean.

Comment

I can upload temporarily if you are going to be online

Comment

You have a global setting in site options for how your section link layout will look, on each section you create on the layout tab you can specifically choose which layout that section is to use. So think of site options as the default and you override where you want, remembering there are a number of different section link layouts (looks) from which you can choose. Whatever you want to do, Keith's advice is still what you need to do, only other thing you need to think about is the use parent facility, where an item reads what its parent is using, so when you change one manually, all those below that point will also adopt that setting.

Comment

How do i get around this then?

i have already specified in the layout that i want that particular section to have image only but this is not working?

Comment

If you have a site you dont want to replace then click web, then switch to test mode, upload it and your current site will stay the same just have a /acatalog/test/index.html directory. Yes thanks Lee I didnt mention about parent settings. If you have changed the top section, it will change the subsections so check they havent changed

Comment

Originally posted by JamesD View Post
                    How do i get around this then?

i have already specified in the layout that i want that particular section to have image only but this is not working?
                    When you have a section selected in the content tree, remember that you are looking INSIDE that section not AT that section, to see the layout you say you have changed you need to move up a level.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith@Brand View Post
                      If you have a site you dont want to replace then click web, then switch to test mode, upload it and your current site will stay the same just have a /acatalog/test/index.html directory. Yes thanks Lee I didnt mention about parent settings. If you have changed the top section, it will change the subsections so check they havent changed
                      you can view my site at:

http://www.morgans-of-oswestry.co.uk...est/index.html

please go to clothing/mens clothing/breeks for example, you will see that at the mens clothing section level the image is accompanied by the text and a more info button.. i do not want this! i simply want as at the clothing level.

Comment

Looks they are products and not sections, instructions you've had was for sections. Provide a screenshot of your content tree for that section.

Comment

http://img607.imageshack.us/i/screenshotsections.jpg/

Comment

James,

I think your top section (ie the one you dont want to have the more info text) has the same layout as the other section displaying it. Changed the layout of the section. If you have altered the layout of Image only then copy everything you have for that layout into note pad, revert it back to factory settings, then create a new layout and copy in everything you had before and call it Image with info. Set your sections that you dont want to display the more info text to image only and the ones you do to the new layout

dont forget to take a snapshot before editing anything!
                            Last edited by Keith@Brand; 09-Mar-2011, 03:56 PM. Reason: SNAPSHOT!

Comment

I havent altered the layout of image only though so don't understand why i need to do this.

Comment

Working...
                              X