No announcement yet.

Adding new seasons products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did it, horay but this was before Duncans post so I'll try again with his advice.
    I just left the headings in place, deleted the the rest up to the first section, then added another product.
    The csv file imported with these errors:

Line 11: An invalid Section could not be imported. All child items will be skipped as well.

Line 11: The specified file name conflicts with another file name!
    Please enter a unique (ignoring case) file name.

But the new product appears to be fine, is the above a comon error?

Comment

You must eliminate all errors.
      You'll have to look at line 11 and see what file could be the same as another section

Comment

It was the page file name.
        Just tried again and it works fine, I really can't belive it.
        Thanks to everyone that has replied to my post. Feemish & Rob, thanks for the encouragement.
        Just need to tire the kids out so I can get some more work done
        At least I'm heading in the right direction.

Comment

Originally posted by NormanRouxel View Post
          That won't work. A hierarchical file starts with assorted Header,.... lines that describe the type of data lines that follow and the fields contained in them.

So if you file only contained Sections and Products, you'd need at least these two Header lines. More if you've Components, Attributes, Choices, etc.
          Sorry Jay, I only meant to delete those lines so you could concentrate on the actual product lines without getting confused.. but looks like I made you more confused..

As everyone says you need those header lines when you come back to importing the file. Sorry should have explained a bit better..

Glad youre getting it sorted
          Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Originally posted by SolSearcher View Post
            It was the page file name.
            Just tried again and it works fine, I really can't belive it.
            Thanks to everyone that has replied to my post. Feemish & Rob, thanks for the encouragement.
            Just need to tire the kids out so I can get some more work done
            At least I'm heading in the right direction.
            Glad you got it working Sol, I always find it's somewhat underwhelming when things work as they should! Good to hear Excel 2010 handles csv files better too, looks like im off for an upgrade!

Rob
            Golf Grips Direct
            Hobby Tools

Comment

Rob, if you've got any kids then get Office 2010 through software4students I got the pro version really cheap.

Comment

Working...
              X