Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic Catalog performance issue since importing products

Hi all,

I would like some advice on how I can speed up general response from the actinic software.

I have nearly 19000 products and since importing them it take literally a minute or two for the screen to refresh when simply clicking on a product to edit it's page design.

I have managed to improve the speed a little by creating sections for my products split in to month and year of creation.

I am using Access as the DB and I do not have the funds at the moment to invest in a SQL environment.

Any help appreciated.

thanks

Mario

btw, I am on a Trial version of Actinic Catalog 10.0.3

Comment

This could be down to the large number of products 19,000 is going to make a big hit on performance, also have you tried turning the "preview" window off until you need to use? It I have found this can make a big difference, as Actinic is not then rendering a preview that you may not be looking at anyway?
      Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

www.kitchenwareonline.com
      www.microwave-repair.co.uk

Comment

Take a look at this thread, it's still relevant for v10: http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=42629

Comment

thanks for your advice guys.

I think i've tried the Actinic Conpact Database function, but I have not actually gone in to Access and tried to compact the DB from there. I will try that.

Steve, how do you turn the Preview window off? I have not managed to find out how to do that?

thanks again.

Mario

Comment

You can just click on the x at the top right of the Preview pane.

Comment

Performance Has improved now

I have managed to improve performance to an acceptable level by splitting my main sections in to multiple sections of the month and year that the products were created.

Now that the sections have considerably less products in them, Actinic respnds a lot better.

It still takes a good minute or so to launch the app and backups take a few minutes, but I can live with that. It was moving around the application that was taking an age.

Thanks for your help people!

Mario

Comment

Working...
              X