Advanced link on duplicate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advanced link on duplicate?

I have products which use the advanced link in the "links" section which work without issue, but I have noticed that duplicates of these products do not feature the link on their preview page or on the site.

The duplicate field configuration is set not to allow changes to links, so my duplicates feature exactly the same link info as the originals, only greyed out. I realise that it's easy enough to write a regular link into the product full description, but it's a pain when I have quite a few duplicates on the go - so are advanced links possible on duplicates?

Thanks.
    Air Tech Equipment Ltd - Online Airbrush, Craft & Graphics equipment supplier

Firstly, is the description editable at the duplicate? If so, does it contain [LINK]?

Otherwise, if you setup the links after the duplicates were created, it is possible that they've not updated. Actinic does this quite a lot with various fields and variables at duplicates grrr.

Make a backup.

Go to the duplicates settings and then check the advanced link option, so it is editable in the duplicates. Click ok. Click ok again, so the setting pane closes. Go back to the duplicates settings and uncheck the advanced link option. Actinic will update the duplicates with the information from the original product and the link should appear - worked for me anyway!

Comment

Working...
    X