Single product per page code Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Single product per page code Error

About 7 weeks ago I changed my layout to sppp using the code supplied from the advanced users guide, everything worked well for about 3 weeks, I then noticed my keywords on google webmaster tools changed.

After further investigation I found that the keywords were html coding and that the coding is showing up in my nav bar. my top keywords are now: class-div-ssurl.

This has caused my google organic rankings to vanish without trace and consequently revenue has dropped considerably.

Has anyone else had this problem and does anyone know how to fix it.

I am now thinking of reverting back to the standard setting and using the extended info page has anyone had problems using this form of sppp.

Sounds like you have not done the coding correctly, can't confirm as we do not have the URL. Reverting sounds like a bad idea, you've made the right change, just sounds like you've not completed or tested it correctly, much quicker to just fix it i suspect.

Comment

I have copied the code from the AUG, does that mean that the code is wrong!!
      http://www.todofix.com/acatalog/Banc...arpintero.html

Code that is in !!<<->>!! should not show.

Comment

That's incorrect so maybe that is your problem, to comment out (hide code) you do:

<!-- HTML HERE -->

I very much doubt the AUG is wrong this many years into its creation, many people have passed before you and used this successfully, myself included, 99.99% sure to be you.

Comment

Looks like you have added <h1> tags into the page title too or something like that, that's a very wrong thing to do and one you should reverse instantly. There's a section tutorial on my site, i'd suggest a good read of that so you understand what each part plays on the site, looks like you've confused a couple of things.

Comment

I'd check your site in Firefox too, looks somewhat different to IE, so you have coding inconsistency also.

You have 4 <h1> tags on a page also, you should only have one per page, it's a right bloody mess to be frank.

Comment

Hi lee, the comment out is automatically done by actinic when I select bold so it comes up with !!<<html>>!!

Yes I have been confused with the H1 tags actinic don't seem to use h1 tags on the title.

I will read your post thank's for the link.

Comment

You're confusing commenting out with the markers we put around items (or actinic does if you use the toolbar) to tell actinic to process as html.

<!-- HIDE ME -->

!!< PROCESS ME AS HTML >!!

Both very different in what they do.

Comment

Hi Lee how do you get h1 tags on the title, as actinic don't seem to accommodate this!

Comment

You don't have h1s on a page title, a title sits in a title tag <title></title>, which actinic adds in for you, all you have to do is add text.

You might be confusing section name with page title (tutorial i mentioned will clarify), actinic does section name as a h1 as standard.

Comment

I agree the site is a mess a little knowledge is dangerous, I need help with it.

Comment

Originally posted by dazinspain View Post
                        I agree the site is a mess a little knowledge is dangerous, I need help with it.
                        I'm glad you said that and more importantly realise it, get some professional help with it as soon as you can IMO (you actually have 6 x h1s on the page). Implementing changes to improve the site and subsequently breaking it because of those changes is counter productive to profit, you're losing not saving money when you do that.

Find yourself a designer that you can work with and let him/her do the design work for you. It will be done quicker, better and won't break anything then.

Comment

Can you help me with this!!

Comment

I don't get generally get involved with making adjustments to standard themes or sites other people have created. Main reason being we all have different ways of working and i just find it either frustrating or i never really hand the site back in a condition i'd like to (there's often too much i'd like to change).

The actinic site lists a number of designers though, take a look on there and i'm sure you will find someone suitable, there's one based in Portugal too!

Comment

Working...
                            X