Browser Compatibility Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Browser Compatibility Problems

Just noticed my site www.gprsmodems.co.uk seems to have page formatting problems with certain browser versions. I wasnt aware until a customer pointed it out to me, in this case he was using Safari ver. 3.2.1 and another customer IE6.The front page was basically only showing the side portions i.e Best sellers, New products etc. Im using a later Safari version (v5.04) on MAC and it works fine. The site appears OK on IE8 and Firefox 3.0.19. I have checked on browsershots.org and it looks OK on the majority of browsers.

My feeling is the bad page formatting on some browsers is possibly caused by the extra info columns i.e "best sellers, "new products". Has anybody experienced similar issues caused by this?

Also I would appreciate feedback on cross browser checking as in using "browsershots.org.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards
    John A.

I never use browser shots, i instead favour having the browsers on my machine and checking myself, part of creating a design (for a designer) is checking how things look on 7 or 8 different browsers. They each have their own intricacies that you learn with time and successfully combat. IE6 is a bit of a pig, almost certainly width issue when you have columns in funny places.

Comment

Working...
    X