Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V9 to V10 import error saying CustomerCardDetails file missing

Hi, first time post so please go easy.

I am trying to import our orders from our V9 site into a new V10 site that we have not published yet. I have suspended all orders on V9 and downloaded all orders to it. When I try and import orders in I get the following

The database you have specified does not contain all of the required tables to import orders, we cannot import orders from it, these tables are missing:

CustomerCardDetails

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

regards

John

Hello John and welcome to the Actinic forum. This issue has been raised with the development team for a fix in a future release.

Regards
    Krithika Chandrasekar
    SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Krithika - Does this only affect sites that download and store card details or does it mean that we can't import orders from v9 to v10 at all even if only using a PSP?

Comment

Unfortunately v10.0.3 cannot import orders from the databases of earlier versions, due to a change in the orders table.

The only options are to use a snapshot, or choose to upgrade your v9 site when you install v10. The latter choice in fact creates an upgraded v10 site, and leaves your v9 site intact.

If you need to move orders from an old site to a new v10.0.3 site, upgrade the old site to v10.0.3 first. You can import orders from one v10.0.3 site to another.
        Bruce Townsend
        Ecommerce Product Manager
        Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Originally posted by brucet View Post
          Unfortunately v10.0.3 cannot import orders from the databases of earlier versions, due to a change in the orders table.

The only options are to use a snapshot, or choose to upgrade your v9 site when you install v10. The latter choice in fact creates an upgraded v10 site, and leaves your v9 site intact.

If you need to move orders from an old site to a new v10.0.3 site, upgrade the old site to v10.0.3 first. You can import orders from one v10.0.3 site to another.
          All

Many thanks for the updates, looks like an update of the old and then import in to the new is the option.

thanks again for your assistance.

regards

John

Comment

So the best way to do this (so long as you have Bus Plus) is to license a temporary new v10 site and import the v9 site. Then return to your new v10 site and import orders from the tempoary v10 site.

Comment

Bruce, can I have 2 instances of V10 on the same PC. Or would it best to save a snapshot of my V10 to another PC, remove the V10, upgrade V9 to V10 in the old design, then import the snapshot back in, so I have all orders and customer along with new design.

regards

John

Comment

AFAIK an import is an overwrite, not an append, so you can't merge in that way. You can't have 2 instances of V10 running at the same time.

Comment

You can only have two instances of v10 on one PC if you have Business Plus (Multisite).

Otherwise export your new v10 snapshot, then import your old v9 snapshot - that will upgrade it to v10, then export that site. Then import yor new v10 site back in. Now open the snapshot of the v9 upgraded site in winzip or 7zip or similar and extract the database, then go to import orders in your new site in Actinic and point to the database you just extracted. You won't need to uninstall/install Actinic.

As Lee says though it's a one way street if you have orders already in your new v10 site they will get overwritten - so export them first.

Comment

Originally posted by drounding View Post
                    You can only have two instances of v10 on one PC if you have Business Plus (Multisite).

Otherwise export your new v10 snapshot, then import your old v9 snapshot - that will upgrade it to v10, then export that site. Then import yor new v10 site back in. Now open the snapshot of the v9 upgraded site in winzip or 7zip or similar and extract the database, then go to import orders in your new site in Actinic and point to the database you just extracted. You won't need to uninstall/install Actinic.

As Lee says though it's a one way street if you have orders already in your new v10 site they will get overwritten - so export them first.
                    Thanks, we have business plus so can have the multi site. I will let you know how I get on.

Comment

If you download orders in v10 before you have turned your v9 existing orders into v10, you stuff the process. If you upgrade V9 into V10 and then import V10 design only, it works fine, in fact I do this on almost every redesign I do, when a customer is also changing versions. It means the v9 site can happily trade away during the redesign and all those orders can still exist in the new site when it is ready to go live.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
                        If you download orders in v10 before you have turned your v9 existing orders into v10, you stuff the process. If you upgrade V9 into V10 and then import V10 design only, it works fine, in fact I do this on almost every redesign I do, when a customer is also changing versions. It means the v9 site can happily trade away during the redesign and all those orders can still exist in the new site when it is ready to go live.
                        All, thanks for the assistance , all imported into V10 OK,

Comment

Working...
                        X