Displaying search results on section pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Displaying search results on section pages

I want to create a section with a title, description and image and then rather than displaying products on it display the results of a search.

E.g. I have a lot of mugs on the site but they are spread across various manufacturer sections and I want to create a "Mugs" section that will list all the mugs across the whole site.

I have been doing this by using product duplicates but I am ending up with loads of them and it is very cumbersome to manage and maintain with new products.

I can set up a link to a search results list using something like

http://www.mydomain.co.uk/cgi-bin/ss...ch=ACTION&TB=A

but it is not formatted like normal products lists and does not appear in the navigation menus.

I have seen Norman's hack for displaying search results with Buy buttons etc but not sure if it works in V10. Also, I would prefer to display the results on a custom page which would be SEO friendly as well.

Is it possible t0 do something with an iFrame with the search results formatted to be just the product information without the site header, footer, menus etc.?

Has anyone done anything like this?
    Keith
    Keith Milsom
    www.anythingleft-handed.co.uk
    Left handed products and information

My tweak should work on V10. Not sure if it's SEO friendly or not. You'd have to try it to see.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
    X