Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SPP options totalling

Hello,
    I am thinking of redesigning a website using SPP. I sell mattresses and currently a section will be mattress A with all the sizes single double king etc as seperate products, which does involve scrolling, but does make the pricing very clear, wheras in SPP it is Mattress A at the cheapest option price ie £100 with the different sizes being options, showing for example +£50 so a double is £100 + £50 = £150, less scrolling but the pricing is not so clear to the customer.
    Is it possible to show the drop down with the total price or if not, if the customer selects an option is it possible for the price shown to change to reflect the size.
    Also in SPP format will the different options show up within Google shopping as such.
    Here are examples of both formats of page.
    NON SPP http://www.dreamtyme.co.uk/acatalog/..._Mattress.html

SPP http://www.dreamtyme.co.uk/acatalog/..._Mattress.html

Regards Steve

Originally posted by Bedspring View Post
    if the customer selects an option is it possible for the price shown to change to reflect the size.
    I think Norman at drillpine.biz has a Dynamic Price Calculator that might be able to do this.
    Darren Guppy
    Golf Tee Warehouse
    Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

I think Jan posted some code a while back that would show the price of the options in the drop down. Searching should find it.

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Originally posted by olderscot View Post
        I think Jan posted some code a while back that would show the price of the options in the drop down. Searching should find it.

Mike
        Hi I have searched but cannot find the code, can anyone help.

Comment

Sorry, I've looked and I can't find it either. And I also looked a while back with the same result.

It might be a wild goose chase anyway as thinking about I suspect it was more to with adding VAT when this wasn't an actinic option.

If I'm understanding your problem. You want the drop down list to show the total price of the mattress chosen rather than just the increase in price?

In which case, why not just set the base price to be zero and set each matress size to have the total cost for that option. You can set Actinic to just show the option chosen on invoice so that will give you what you want in a simpler and cleaner manner.

It sounds better to me from the customers perpsective too. All they have to do is choose the size the size they want from the drop down.

Mike

Comment

Thanks that works, I thought it would show the price as £0.00 then the prices as additions to £0.00 but no price data is displayed which is good.
            Two issues though, is it possible to show the options without a + sign which is mildly ambiguous.
            Also how does google base/shopping view prices formatted this way.

Comment

There's about 10 different formats for the price to show on permutations, have a look on the layout tab and explore the options.

Comment

Thanks thats great.
                Only thing now, does google base/shopping Mole end mash cope with this configuration.

Comment

i don't see why not.

Comment

I think you'll have to try it and see. I can understand that the feed generator might mistakenly use a price of £0.00 as the base price. It shouldn't do if it's all setup correctly.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                    X