Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

html in component

Hi all,
    I am sure this must be in lots of threads, but a brief search failed for me so here goes.

I am trying to ad a carriage return (new line) in the "HTML for name" in the component section to look like this..

The Kitchen Appliance Centre
    85 Hinckley Road
    Leicester, LE3 0TD

15 High Street
    Daventry, NN11 4BG

i tried using the \n code that worked ok for importing, but this didnt work.

Thanks in advance

www.quality-appliances.co.uk

Hello Adrian
    try this
    Code:
    !!<<br />>!!
    or this
    Code:
    !!<<br/>>!!
    I don't think it matters much, although I have a feeling the first one works better across all the browsers/versions.
    Kind Regards
    Sean Williams

Calamander Ltd

Comment

Hi Adrian & Sean
      <br /> ( !!<<br />>!! in Actinic of course) is the rcommended way to do a line-break, it works across all browsers, and if you are worried about such things is W3C compliant.
      I have had some funny things happen to my HTML using <br/> with some browsers.
      Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

www.kitchenwareonline.com
      www.microwave-repair.co.uk

Comment

<br/> is not a valid html line-break it doesn't exist, thats why you would get some browsers not liking it. The correct line break format is dependant on which html doctype you are declaring. I think for actinic you are using the Xhtml doctype which uses self-closing tags and therefore the correct method would be: <br /> the [space] before the[ /] makes it a valid xhtml self-closing tag. If you were using html doctype then <br> is the correct format to use.

\n is used in server-side programming languages like php and perl for newline.

Comment

Thanks for all that

Comment

Working...
          X