Reserve & Collect / Pickup from store

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reserve & Collect / Pickup from store

I'm about to start re-development on an Actinic bike shop. The client currently doesn't even actually take payment at all and really just uses it as a shop-front.

We are going to link in payment for their accessories, but they're not actually allowed to sell the bikes online due to agreements with the bike manufacturers.

What they do want though is some sort of Reserve & Collect option for their products. They do not want to take payment via the online shop and will just do that in their physical store.

Has any one seen or implemented such a feature with an Actinic site? Any help would be appreciated.
    Web . Design . Multimedia . Branding

Simply change the name of a payment method such as 'payment by cheque' to 'reserve and collect from store'.

Comment

Should have thought of that myself! Cheers Lee.

Thinking about it, that doesn't really quite do what I'm after though. The user ideally wants to be presented with either the option to 'add to cart', or 'reserve & collect'. I guess some products (accessories) may have both options but items like the actual bikes will ONLY have the option to 'reserve & collect'.

Comment

on the bike products replace the add to cart button with a button "Reserve and collect" then open a form to collect their name address/ phone/email etc

Comment

Switchable add to cart button on your product layout and then let them progress through the checkout as normal would be my recommendation.

Comment

Thanks for both suggestions guys. I think either could work.

I'll have a play and report back.

Comment

Out of curiosity, I don't suppose anyone knows of any Actinic site which has a 'Reserve & Collect' type system?

Comment

We use a collect from "shop" option in the delivery options when the customer buys any products.

The only downside to this is that the "odd" customer will select collect from one of our "shops" but they live 600 miles away.
                We have since updated our T&C's so we can charge the correct postage for their order!

Neil

Comment

Hi Neil,

Thanks but not quite what I'm after on this site, as any products that can be reserved for collection cannot be bought online.

It's basically down to suppliers of bicycles on this site and part of the contract, where they can sell from their shop, but not online.

So with this site I need a separate option for reserving and not actually paying.

I have some ideas (not tested) on how to achieve this, but was curious if anyone did anything similar on another Actinic site, as it's always nice to see in actually working in practice.

Cheers,

Richard

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
                    Switchable add to cart button on your product layout and then let them progress through the checkout as normal would be my recommendation.
                    I would personaly go with Lee's option as it nice and simple to set up, but that just me!

Neil

Comment

Yes, that does maybe sound like the way to go. I'll post back if I see any examples or when I've had a chance to integrate it myself.

Comment

I'm finally at a stage with the client to try out this and planning on using Lee's method of; "Simply change the name of a payment method such as 'payment by cheque' to 'reserve and collect from store'." combined with "Switchable add to cart button on your product layout and then let them progress through the checkout as normal", but what I can't figure out is the following:

If the user chooses a product that can only be reserved and not purchased, and I send them to the checkout via my "switchable" 'Reserve' button, I only want them to have the option of 'Reserve & Collect'. How can I limit this? The products that can be reserved, cannot be purchased online due to contract agreements with the suppliers so I need to limit this.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Comment

I think you'll have to look into some javascript to do that. The Reserve button will also need to set a js variable (or cookie) that can be tested in the checkout page and limit the options.

Comment

Is the issue that there may be occasions where someone adds items to the cart that both can be paid for online as well as some that cannot be paid for online and must be "collect in store"?

If this is the case then on these products I would simply set the price to zero in Actinic, with clear messages on both product (i.e product name) and on the product page and in terms and conditions that £0.00 means "Collect in store".

You could present this with a unique product layout for these products which has the switchable "add to cart" as per Lee's suggestion along with added information including the standard RRP cost for collecting in store.
                            Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
                            Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
                            SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Duncan: Thanks, sounds a bit "hairy"! :S

Fergus: That is one of the issues and I guess your suggestion could be a way around that. That wouldn't get around the issue of forcing the users who Reserve to only have the option of 'Reserve & Collect' though right?

After thinking about this some more, I'm pretty tempted to make the Reserve button open up a separate ("lightbox") reservation form. Would be great if I could pass over the product details (with any options) to the separate though. Anybody done this or have the knowhow?

Comment

Working...
                              X