Marketing lists hang?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marketing lists hang?

I am having regular hangs & crashes while entering new items into the product lists while in the product marketing page. There doesn't seem to be any logic to it - all rather random.

Is this an "Operational Feature" of Actinic (Catalog V10), or do I have something in specific wrong?

Thanks.
    Air Tech Equipment Ltd - Online Airbrush, Craft & Graphics equipment supplier

Really hoping actinic will seriously look into all the random crashes happening in v10. There are lots being reported..

Comment

I have recently upgraded to V10.0.4 as my V9 was constantly crashing when adding new products.

Now V10 keeps crashing when adding products to the related products list in the marketing tab, so this has not been resolved or has anyone found an answer?
      Helen
      www.postapresent.co.uk
      Gifts by Post & Giftwrapping Service

Comment

Do you have a large amount of related products per product as i seem to recall after a certain amount there are problems.

Comment

I eventually spoke to support regarding this & after having a look at a snapshot & not being able to reproduce the problem, they suggested that it was something to do with the PC Actinic was running on & most likely something like firewall / AV software or some sort of infection.

It turns out it was Norton Internet Security, but after a multitude of permission, scan settings & exclusions I haven’t been able to get it sorted. At the moment I’m tediously switching off all the NIS modules (after disconnecting from the outside world) to do any such work in Actinic.

If anyone knows or finds out what has to be done in NIS to prevent this, it would be much appreciated if you could pass it on.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
            Do you have a large amount of related products per product as i seem to recall after a certain amount there are problems.
            No, generaly 3 on the products that have them & a maximum of 6 on a very few.

Comment

I'm officially a hater of Norton, so perhaps my opinion is biased, why not just take it off and use something like Kaspersky or alike. I use Kaspersky and have never had stability issues like those. Might turn out not to be that for sure, but it's a relatively cheap try and IMO gets you onto a better package anyway.

Kaspersky has a nice feature where you can disable all protection for a set amount of time, this is great when you want to rule out whether it is the problem.

You could disconnect PC from network and uninstall Norton to try it also i suppose?

Comment

I also dislike Norton and simply use Windows firewall and AVG AV. There have so many issue such as this reported with Norton.

You could also try adding *.mdb as an exclusion from the on-access scanning or perhaps excluding the site directory.

Comment

I only have up to 3 related products per product and use McAfee. I have tried all kinds of AV and this one has worked the best and doesn't slow the pc down. Norton was horrendus!
                  Helen
                  www.postapresent.co.uk
                  Gifts by Post & Giftwrapping Service

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
                    I use Kaspersky and have never had stability issues like those. Might turn out not to be that for sure, but it's a relatively cheap try and IMO gets you onto a better package anyway. suppose?
                    You can get a FREE 3-user licence of Kaspersky Internet Security Suite if you have an oline bank account with Barclays. I installed Kaspersky 9 mths ago on Lee's recommendation and have had no problems with it.
                    Darren Guppy
                    Golf Tee Warehouse
                    Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

I'm afraid to say that I quite like NIS, it is a bit on the heavy side, but on a decent machine that isn't cluttered up with services it hasn't cause me any serious issues in the last 12 years or so (apart from this one). Compared to the overhead from some of the share junk, player junk & pod tunes it's not really that bad..........

I've tried excluding as you suggest Duncan, but no luck.

What happened to the days of the super fast USR Sportster 14.4 (or was it 9.6) beeping & flashing in the corner & not even being aware there was such a thing as firewall's & AV's?

Comment

Originally posted by Bonjour View Post
                        I only have up to 3 related products per product and use McAfee.
                        Have you tried shutting down McAfee (all of it) & then testing for the same hang?

Comment

Working...
                        X